Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:( Well it's all torn apart right now and not bad to get to. HOW DO I FIX THIS? I heard a whistlin (leakey whistling) noise, and thought I was seeing semi-low boost. So I obviously have an exhaust leak there.

Do I replace the uppipe? The whole manifold? Just a gasket? It looks like there is no gasket. It looks like the soot is being thrown down ... before the top "donut" if we can call it that. I will try to get a pic soon.

PLEASE help! I am in the middle of an injector swap and it MUST be put back together by tomorrow. And I'd really like to fix this too before I have to put it all back together. Thanks .org!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:dunno: What can I say. Like I said though, it's a quirky mofo lol!
I'm not THAT concerned, like life or death, but I want my boost back!!!!!
Oh and buddy, I have OCD with alot of things lol!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I fix everything like this kinda thing! Lol, and when I can really afford it.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bump: Any help, anyone?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Car Quest #F17250 donuts for a chevy gasser, there is one on each side at the collector/baby butt. Replace the up pipe donuts and that should seal it up.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car Quest #F17250 donuts for a chevy gasser, there is one on each side at the collector/baby butt. Replace the up pipe donuts and that should seal it up.
These fit? And is the donut like... inside the connection there? How much are they?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been reading around, do I seriously have to pull my turbo to fix this????? Is that the only way? And therefore I need new pedestal rings and stuff too? For real?!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nvm, I can't fix it this weekend that's for sure! I just talked to Dirk.

Thanks for the part number Howard! Now I just gotta get with Scott and see if he wants to make a weekend in the next few weeks and we can tackle this and whatever he's doing. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Fel Pro p/n 8194 works too, 15,000 on em without a leak, 7.04 including tax at NAPA.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Try to tighten the ones in there if possible.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Nvm, I can't fix it this weekend that's for sure! I just talked to Dirk.

Thanks for the part number Howard! Now I just gotta get with Scott and see if he wants to make a weekend in the next few weeks and we can tackle this and whatever he's doing. :icon_ford:
You woke me up!:gun:

I think I put you on the right direction. You should be fine with the injector, but I feel your going to need someone there with you to replace the gasket.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The Napa ones that I get here are so darn hard, they won't smash. Another member on here had that problem two days ago.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
pm answered, if you want them done we can get them done in a couple weeks man. Just let me know ok.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the help guys, i really love this place.

Sorry Dirk...... :punish2: my bad. :dunno: Nonetheless thank you for all your info. Cause I'd have definately screwed it up without it! I had a feeling it was more involved than I originally thought. That's ok, shouldn't be a big deal. I ain't gonna be no good tech if I can't even do 1 injector in two days lol!

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the same problem. I went to remove the turbo and had problems with one of the bolts. needed the truck same day so I put everything back and just tightened the uppipes. fixed the leak. you'll only have a problem if the dohnuts are burned throught which is not that likely. the dealer had the OEM dohnuts for $11.40ea for me. kinda expensive but I don't have a napa or carquest close.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts