Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 with 152000 miles. Five months ago I got the fuel system cleaned out and everything was running great until yesterday. My wife got in the truck and took off into town when about three blocks away the truck just died. She was able to get it back to the house and I read five codes on it;

P1280 ICP circuit out of range low Open/grounded circuit, biased sensor, PCM

P0755 Shift solenoid B malfunction Circuit failure, faulty solenoid, PCM

P0743 Torque converter clutch system electrical Faulty solenoid, circuit, PCM

P1754 Coast clutch solenoid ckt. malfunction Circuit failure, faulty solenoid, PCM

P1747 EPC solenoid short circuit Short circuit, faulty solenoid, PCM shorted to ground.

On top of that the OD light is blinking which I understand isn't a good thing. It is hard to start now but if I push on the pedal it'll start and idle fine. I haven't been able to drive it yet since its night and I don't want to get stranded somewhere. Also, the truck has an edge programmer that I understand has been know to kill transmissions. Any advice where to start?

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
----UPDATE----

In R, D, 1, and 2 it only goes to 1200 RPMS and will not go any further. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I hope all the trans codes are just from trying to drive it with no power :dunno:
It dying might have been the ICP sensor. Try running the truck with the ICP sensor unplugged.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It hasn't died on me yet but I'll try that. As far as the tranny codes they are coming on as soon as I clear the codes, before it goes into gear.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
That's not good. IF I'm reading it all right, then the other trans codes are on because of the first trans code.
Yes, Edge's can burn up trans. if you drive it like a racecar because they give power but don't try to get it down to the wheels better.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats what I'm hoping for. Guess I'll check it out this weekend and see what I can find.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any chance anyone knows of a good place to get the solenoid from. Or a part number? After finding out that the solenoid is in the transmission I don't want to tear it apart until I have one to put in its place. I'm hoping it is the solenoid and a rebuild isn't needed. Thanks,
David

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure if anyone else has run into this before but there is a 20a fuse labeled engine (for gasoline engines only) that was blown. I checked all the fuses that I thought could be checked for the transmission but it turned out being this one. Truck runs great now.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Which number was it?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
In my manual it says #23 in the fuse box is nothing. And in the power distribution box it's the blower motor. I figure it's diff on an 03 :dunno:
Oh well. At least you got it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts