Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as you may know I have an 03 6.0 with straight pipe and tunes

I also have a 98 ws6 that is mostly stock.

The plan was to mod both to be fast, the 6.0 with all the filters, studs, turbo

The ws6 was going to be either a stroke or a twin.

Now the Empresses, of my life, says I can only mod 1, and I should stop wasting my money on 2 "fast" vehicles. :dunno:

So my question is what would you guys do? The PSD gets driven during the week to work and back and whatever side work needs to be done with it. Every other errand in life is ran with the ws6.

So help, im torn between 2 loves, well I guess that should be 3.....................

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
YUP,,,you need help!
Mod one all the way.....the other just add tuner and exhaust. Just keep it a performance file for better mpg and getty-up

·
Registered
491 Posts
man one fast street car and a strong tow vehicle cause your truck will never be as fast as the ws6 can be thoughs ls engines fly

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mod the car

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
the car should already be fast.:dunno: put intake and exhaust on it so it sounds good and leave it be. mod the pizz out the stroker. :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks mudrunninpig, wasn't thinking before I typed. I say mod the truck, but I just think its funny when you beat fast cars with an oversized truck.

·
Banned
0 Posts
WS6 FTW!! :nate:
mod the WS and just throw a tuner on the rig and maybe exhaust at most. It can stay a VERY reliable tow pig for your sub 10 second WS6! like how I speak of things to come? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If it were me I would mod the car and if you tow it around then I would tell the other love that I need to do some things to the truck to help it tow better ....you win both worlds

·
Registered
491 Posts
just remeber to tell her your moddin the car to go fast but you need to help the truck fuel mileage wise your thinking cost efective

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
just remeber to tell her your moddin the car to go fast but you need to help the truck fuel mileage wise your thinking cost efective

:agree: The WS6 will be cheaper to mod also, but you should be able to sneak the truck a programmer in there with no problem.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well the truck has DJ's XCAL3 as well as an mbrp4" straight pipe.

I saw though that people running my proposed build list for the ws6 are getting about 8-9 MPG........

Im going to try and sneak FICM tunning in before its to late

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I agree

If it was me I would mod the firebird and use the psd to haul it with. And if none is watchin I would secretly mod the truck:thumb::thumb:
x2....I fix the bike, the trucks and the car and the wife said only the bike, what she doesn't know don't hurt her...Besides when you smoke the truck next to you and you have a car in tow behind, that'll be sweet, lol

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We had a 2001 WS6 also. My favorite setup on the LS1... Full Billy Boat exhaust. Programmer and that's it. Car is nice stock. Those 2 things will set it off. As for the PSD... Stock intake, turbo back exhaust and big tires:) The way things are going you need the money just to drive them.... not mod them. Sometimes theres a point where fun becomes annoying (and expensive).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts