Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received 3 tunes from Eric and (of course) I loaded the Xtreme Street first. The truck starts and idles fine, pulls like a raped ape and there are no check engine lights. The tranny shifts smoothly and quickly at WOT.

One small problem though...it shifts REALLY hard at part throttle. I mean hard enough that I am afraid to drive it right now. There is a distinct "thump" upshifting into each gear when cruising around at normal speeds.

Have any of you guys experienced this? Can Innovative "dial down" the part throttle shift speed/firmness for me?

Thanks,

John

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
how long have you been driving the truck with the tune in it.? Those hard shifts will go away as the tranny learns

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
How many miles have you driven with the tune? I have the Ex. Street and it shifts best at WOT or very light throttle. You have adjust the shift pressure from your sct device.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how long have you been driving the truck with the tune in it.? Those hard shifts will go away as the tranny learns
Just a couple of miles...I was afraid there was something wrong. How long will it take the tranny to learn?

How many miles have you driven with the tune? I have the Ex. Street and it shifts best at WOT or very light throttle. You have adjust the shift pressure from your sct device.
How do you adjust the shift pressure? Is it normal to need adjustment?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine did this but it has improved.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How long did it take to get your tunes? I just ordered through the website but didn't get asked any info about what tune I wanted. Innovative isn't answering their phones. :(

Does he just email you requesting more info about what you're wanting?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts
Give Eric a call and leave a message if he doesnt answer. If you didnt specify the Extreme tunes when you ordered off the web you get his regular files

·
Registered
184 Posts
Anyone every actually seen an ape being raped?

·
Super Moderator
31,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Eric just e-mailed me and said to give it 50 miles and then soften the shifts in the custom options.
I also bought a xtreme street tune from eric a few months ago and it had a very hard shift from 1-2 and 2-3. All the other shifts were firm and quick...the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts seemed to take a little longer than the other shifts and i felt a harsh bump when it finally shifted...I gave it a few hundred kilometers but it never got better and i always cringed when it made those shifts.

So I emailed eric and he send me a revised tune...not sure what he changed but all the shifts are firm and quick now except the 2-3 shift...I still get a bit of a clunk when the truck makes that shift but nowhere near what it was before.

When my truck was stock I had a clunk when shifting from 2-3 so I assume that has something to do with the fact that eric cant seem to get that 2-3 shift any better.

·
Registered
597 Posts
You can adjust the shift pressure with your SCT tuner during the load process to see if that will ease them up a bit. The 1-2 is always a bit hard. Needs to be to prevent slippage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah that goes away after about 100 miles, just dont run it too hard and it will be gone soon

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got the SCT with Eric's tunes and have noticed the hard shifts too. I tend to either drive it very easily or really get in the gas as the part throttle acceleration shifting tends to be pretty ugly. I've thought about going into the options to change the shift pressures but was afraid I'd mess something up.:confused:

It's pretty amazing how nice the truck shifts with the Tow tune in and how rowdy it feels with the Extreme Race tune. Seems those super hard shifts could be tuned out but what do I know? :dunno:

·
Registered
545 Posts
mine comes out of it after about 30-50 miles i suppose but ive wondered if i should be making some adjustments to the shift points via my sct. if so how much do i adjust and what will i do, i always skip the adjustments when i load a tune, should i be doing different?

·
Registered
149 Posts
This is one reason I havent pulled the trigger on an SCT tune. Ive had the SCT for over a year but I am a pansy. I dont want to screw anything up! I was ready to call Eric tommorow but all this harsh shifting has me nervous!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine comes out of it after about 30-50 miles i suppose but ive wondered if i should be making some adjustments to the shift points via my sct. if so how much do i adjust and what will i do, i always skip the adjustments when i load a tune, should i be doing different?
I would also like to know how much to adjust it...:dunno:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts