Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I went into a store to buy a frame for a picture today. I was in the store for maybee 20 minuites and a guy comes in and asks if someone owns a silver ford. I asked the one with stacks? He said yes. I said whats up ??? He says I'TS ON FIRE!!!!!!!!! So I get the police, fire dept and we get the fire out. The fire marshal says it looks like the wiring harness under my drivers seat shorted out and started the fire. Bummer I love that truck. Well see what the insurance company does. I guess I'm lookin for a new powerstroke. I dont have pics yet. I had it towed to my local ford dealership. I will post pics when I can. Nobody got hurt, my wife and I were in the store. Has anyone heard of this wiring harness being recalled:dunno: any insight woud be appreciated.

·
Registered
999 Posts
sorry man that sucks i was stuck today because a truck was in fire today

Matt

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
sorry to hear about your bad news.... but at least everyone is fine and you wasn't driving down the road when it went up in flames.... and good luck on finding another powerstroke

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
Sorry man but look at the bright side. you can pull some of your mods off and put them on your new truck!

·
Registered
183 Posts
i would tell the insurance company " that baby was a cream puff, only had 30,000 original miles because it was so nice i was afraid to drive it"

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
glad no one was hurt man. sucks about the truck but at least insurance will take care of you. fyi dont settle for the price they give you if they lowball ya. you can get more outta them. so what ya thinkin bout gettin now?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
total bummer man, i dont know what i would do if i lost my truck. good luck on finding a new one. post pics when you can please.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
This sucks to hear!

This is the second 6.0 that I have heard go up in flames due to a short.

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
glad no one was hurt man. sucks about the truck but at least insurance will take care of you. fyi dont settle for the price they give you if they lowball ya. you can get more outta them. so what ya thinkin bout gettin now?
It will definately be another dually super crew. I need it for my business. Have to see how my insurance company does me. My wife wants me to buy a f650 but we'll see.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Dang man, thats no good. I'm glad you an yur wife weren't in the truck tho!!!:thumb: Trucks can be replaced, people can't!

Lemme know when you decide what your gonna get to replace it, and i'll look around up here for ya!!

·
Premium Member
24,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang man, thats no good. I'm glad you an yur wife weren't in the truck tho!!!:thumb: Trucks can be replaced, people can't!

Lemme know when you decide what your gonna get to replace it, and i'll look around up here for ya!!
Thanks for the support john gonna wait to see what the insurance company does first. Too bad I need a dually for work or I would take your truck off your hands for ya. But it will definetly be another dually

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
It will definately be another dually super crew. I need it for my business. Have to see how my insurance company does me. My wife wants me to buy a f650 but we'll see.
you need it for your business? thats sweet. an f-650 would make one hell of a tax write off for your business!:woot:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts