Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys today at work this guy with a new toyota tundra with that 5.7 motor in it came up to me and was like i could drag your truck all around the parking lot , i was like oh ya? he was like yeah lets hook up and see on monday i was like sure, do you think he will, i have a 95 ford f-super duty with and exhaust, intake, and edge ez module ( i know, i know my mistake) do you think he could ?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
It all boils down to traction. Let some air out of your tires, and don't let them spin. Hold your brake and let him floor his when he starts spinning take him to the end of the parking lot. You have the weight in your favor, also your hitch is probably higher, that is a good thing. Throw some tractor weights in where he can't see them. I wish I was you I would love to be able to hook up to a toyota gasser.LOL That sounds like fun.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
i would say he dont have a chance. you probably weigh more than him. i bet he chickens out tho.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
He's been watching too many commercials.
Thats what i was gonna say:hehe::hehe::hehe:

I starting laughing hysterically everytime i see one of those tundra commercials. There hilarious:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Ya I dont think Toyota even trusts the Tundra. Thats pretty bad when your replaced by a Duramax. lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
whatever you do dont spin your tires and you should be fine:thumb:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Anyone who thinks a tug-a-war is going to prove anything is an idiot. The ONLY thing it proves is who's got more traction which is usually going to go to the heavier truck unless the others got some big slicks or something. I'd just tell him he's an idiot if he thinks it will prove anything and bow out but find a local sled pull and invite him to it then make him look stupid!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
you should have said lets do this right now!!!!and put $100 on it !!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha i know i know, hes just going around the warehouse sayin how hes gunna drag a "powerjoke" around the parking lot, i have the big mud terrain tires, and my truck weighs alot, hes juss full of it cause its one of those big tundras with the extended cab

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's simple really. Lay on the brakes until he breaks loose. He sounds like the kind of idiot that will try to jerk you, so when takes off, wait till he starts to spin his tires, drop it into first, and take him wherever you please. Better yet, drop him off wherever he pleases so all his buddies can see.

·
KVFD
4,061 Posts
make sure your hitch is higher and get some weight on the azz end. dont spin em and make sure your 4x4 is kicked in!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
haha this already happened to me but he chickened out bwahahahahaahahahahahaahahaha ha good laugh. and one other thing if you got em like i do lock your front hubs. for example if my skirmish would have gone through i would of put it in 4low, locked the front hubs, and put it in first BUT mines a manual so it would have been trickier prolly just out of gear hold the brakes he spins and i push in the clutch with the brake still in, and quickly put it in first and......DRAG EM!!!! it will totally humiliate him and anybody with the tundra superiority mind set. bam

round two???

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
It's simple really. Lay on the brakes until he breaks loose. He sounds like the kind of idiot that will try to jerk you, so when takes off, wait till he starts to spin his tires, drop it into first, and take him wherever you please. Better yet, drop him off wherever he pleases so all his buddies can see.
Yeah, what this guy said. You have to keep us posted. Pictures / video will make it even better.
Craig

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
got pull

would it be better to be in second gear and load up the torque converter and that way the other truck would be spinning and you being in a higher gear would have the upper hand?sh.. I have not pulled off anyones bumper yet but pulled alot of trucks?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
sounds like the kid who told me his 2002 F-150 could pull my Powerstroke. He thought he was sweet cause he had a CAI, dual exhaust and some mud tires. Well he didnt look so sweet when the Powerstroke pulled him like there was nothing behind it. lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts