Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Lariat Ultimate package with the memory seats. It is supposed to have the easy exit/entry driver seat option. When you pull the key out- the seat moves back some. When you insert the key- the seat moves forward to your programmed spot.

I cannot get this work for the life of me.

The OM says the option can be programmed via the LCD information center. Not. It is not in the menu choices. The manual continues to say that if you do not have the LCD info center, then the option can be programmed via a procedure of cycling the ignition on/off 3 times, then moving the seat forward or backwards. I can't get it to work. One time the seat moved back, and that was it. Nothing more.

Want to bet this will be the first re-flash?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would try the procedure once again just to make sure and see what happens.
I have tried it at least 5-6 times. The manual says:

The easy entry/exit feature can be turned off or on through the vehicle
message center (if equipped). If your vehicle does not have a message
center, the feature can be turned off or on through the following process:
1. Put the key into the ignition (The driver seat may move forward if the
easy entry/exit feature is activated).
2. Place the ignition key into the on position (do not start the vehicle).
When the vehicle is in the on position, the interior and exterior lights,
the climate controls, and the radio are functional without the engine
started. See Programming remote transmitters for ignition switch
diagram.
3. Turn the ignition key to the off position.
4. Cycle the ignition key between the off position and the on position a
total of three times ending with the ignition in the off position.
5. Engage the forward or rearward seat switch.
6. Remove the ignition key from the ignition switch. (The driver seat
may move rearward if the easy entry/exit feature is activated).
Steps 2 through 6 must be performed within a 20 second period. The
easy entry/exit feature will be deactivated. Repeating the above process
will also reactivate the easy entry/exit feature.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Maybe you could do what your doing but maybe not move the seat backwards and forwards at all? And just leave it as it is? Or maybe only move it forward OR only move it backwards? Or at the same time? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Or, (not trying to be a smarta$$ at all) you could call or swing by your dealer andget them to look at it and help you out. Could be something came unplugged or something.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Same problem my buddy is having with his f250 ultimate lariat..and he took it to the dealer and all the salesman could not figure it out nor could the service dept...so needless to say they will call him when they find a solution!

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Well if that is the biggest problem everyone has seen so far I wouldnt make a big deal of it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Or, (not trying to be a smarta$$ at all) you could call or swing by your dealer andget them to look at it and help you out. Could be something came unplugged or something.
Agreed: if it were my $55,000+ on a brand new truck I would camp out at the dealer until they fixed it. Personally, I don't need to spend that much for a truck; however, if I choose to it had better be 100% when delivered.

At least it's not the powertrain this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anything new on this? I have an '11 King Ranch that does have memory seats...it's not performing this function either. I assume I have this feature, but not sure.

·
Registered
112 Posts
if thats your only problem id say you are lucky lol i wouldnt be worried about some fancy seat
Wow 70 grand and you say don't worry about it?
A comment like that deserves a punch in the mouth.
:Rant:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a 2011 King Ranch as well. I will look into it when I get off work. I know I keep the seat all the way back when I drive so it really has no where to move to. I also bought the wife a new car so he does not move the seat in my truck.:nod:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2011 King Ranch as well. I will look into it when I get off work. I know I keep the seat all the way back when I drive so it really has no where to move to. I also bought the wife a new car so he does not move the seat in my truck.:nod:
If you knew your truck, you could have saved the $$ on her car :wink[3]: . My mirror, seat (and I think radio) presets are all set to my key and personal keyless entry code. I open the truck with either and it shifts from my wife's settings to mine. Only thing I wish it did too was adjust the up/down and in/out of the steering wheel like my '00 Caddy did. Oh well, it is a truck!

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
that's true it may do that, but MyKey also commands me to wear my seatbelt...then if I dont it turns the dang radio on mute..F u truck, you wont make me do things I dont wanna do LOL

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you knew your truck, you could have saved the $$ on her car :wink[3]: . My mirror, seat (and I think radio) presets are all set to my key and personal keyless entry code. I open the truck with either and it shifts from my wife's settings to mine. Only thing I wish it did too was adjust the up/down and in/out of the steering wheel like my '00 Caddy did. Oh well, it is a truck!
Not to thread jack but are you saying that the new trucks dont even have tilt steering?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
they have tilt and telescopic adjustments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts