Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking around and thinking about propane injection or a small shot of nitrous , i have a 1996 power stroke 250 000 kms runs awsome it has a edge ez chip 4 inch stright pipe and 6637 air filter and its a 5 speed manual. im not looking for lots just a safe non motor blowing amount lol. and no i dont have injectors yet, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Personally, this is what I would do. Get gages. I would then upgrade to stage 1 injectors, (either new, or rebuilds) and replace the the stock 15* HPOP with a 17* one from a SD truck. That should give you better power across the spectrum, and to my knowledge, neither upgrade will hurt fuel efficiency.

Oh, and personally, I'd ditch the Edge EZ chip, and get either a TS or TW custom tuned chip for your truck.

As you can see from my signature, these are mods that I have planned for my own truck. (among a few others)

mike

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i would like to get a better chip but i got that one brand new for free pretty much i just traded my freind my old tires for it seams to work alright for now. and i forgot to say that it has autometer boost and pyro gauges.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I would stick to fuel upgrades, the bottles can get expensive to refill. I also would switch over to a custom tuned chip either with the setup you currently have, or if you do go put nitrous or propane on the truck so the motor is tuned for it and does not end up with a rod sticking out of the block.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
nitrous wont do much with stock 90cc AA's u are useing all the fuel u have available anyways. injectors need to be next on the list

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
il have to look into some injectors and a new chip then how much of a differnts to a decent set of injectors ussaly do and how much are they worth roughly?

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
look at DIY injectors. they are good and cheaper, but if you want some really bad azz ones, go to full force diesel. Ryan Casserly build the dam best around hands down.

Oh, and yeah, ditch the edge. it will burn the trans up. you will see major major improvement over the edge with the TW or TS chip.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
il have to look into some injectors and a new chip then how much of a differnts to a decent set of injectors ussaly do and how much are they worth roughly?
A good set of injectors can be got for a little over $500... they wont be new because its just a DIY kit, but in my opinion unless your life is at the track their is no need to NEW ones... My stage 1's give me tranny all it can handle, and with a custom tuned chip you have the freedom of controlling the injectors pretty much.... You can throw 25-125 horsepower at it with the turn of a knob!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright il have to look into finding some injectors then lol and you cant order a ts or tw chip though a regular auto parts store can you? or do you just order it off the internet?

·
Interior Guru
14,596 Posts
alright il have to look into finding some injectors then lol and you cant order a ts or tw chip though a regular auto parts store can you? or do you just order it off the internet?
you can get a Tony Wildman Chip from a vendor (Stealth) on here, or directly from him at www.totaldieselperformance.com.

If you want a DP tuner you can get them directly, they are a vendor here as well.

I have a TW in my OBS, and my brother has a DP-tuner, both are great.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok perfect i checked out the site looks like it would be a pretty bad *** chip il have too see what i can gather up lol. lol to bad im in school right now i cant wait to get home and get back to work so i have some money lol when i get my money for for e i well i am down here im buying a new sled then il have to buy some injectors and a tuner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts