·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey how did you Christmas / New years go Mike? good I hope

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Went great except for all 5 of us coming down with some cold of some sorts! Finally getting cold here! 15f and snowing. This will be only our third snow of the year so far which is really unusual! I get my baby back this morning and I can't wait! Unfortunately Santa decided I needed a new coat and some clothes for xmas instead of stuff for the truck so I am packing away the overtime (63 hours a week) so I can have some play money!

Right now we are making our plans for vacation this summer. Lookin like the family will be headed up during the month of August for 2 weeks. I'm gonna try to steal away for a long weekend around Memorial day for some fishing up there. The blacl flies and skeeters are just to bad for the kiddies that time of year!

How was your Xmas / New years?

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Bout time you started getting some winter back there, thought we were getting it all here. Good to hear things got straightened out with your truck, did they reflash it for you, or are you going to do the SCT to it.
Christmas started out at 7 am with a fire truck at the door, then an ambulance at 7.15 for my daughter, she's 8 mo pregnant and started haveing severe pains, so 5 hrs in the hospital later everyone was back home and she is fine. Just the muscles not expanding the way they should for the baby, but everything is good now. Other than that it was great, not looking forward to going back to work, but you do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
things were good here, got lots of new stuff for my new house i bought.. got plasterd on new years and then moved in on jan 2nd... we have been getn crazy snow here.. prob like 6 feet in past 2 months... but its raining now..lolol that pretty much sums it up..hehe

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:chicken: Congrats on the new house, what area did you buy in. Thats a lot of snow, did you move upcountry or something? Hope you got a big garage with the new house. Glad you had a good Christmas/Newyear, too bad it always seems so short eh, oh well ther's always another one comeing. read above and you will see how mine went, other than the problem with the daughter it was good. Got to go up to Lac Lahache to my moms place just before Christmas, it was a good trip, Put some pictures in my garage of the trip up. :D

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Nice area, I like it out there, got some friends out that way. Good luck with the Pit River Bridge. Check out the Home Resturant out there, it's a real good resturant.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yup, it's on Lougheed Hwy, just at 216th, across from the Husky station. If your heading towards Van., it's on the right hand side. Enjoy

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Couldn't ask for more than that, hope you enjoy it. They got great bergers there, let me know what you think --- Gord.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thought I'd say Hi!
Just joined the forum.
From Georgetown, Ontario.
Picking up an '04 F350 King Ranch CC 6.0 Stock 4x4 Dually next Wednesday.
Getting a new 34' fiver in early August.
Will be making a couple of long runs in the next 12 months.
First run will be Georgetown, Ont. to Whitehorse, Yukon :confused: and back to see my son sometime in late August.
Early next year, the big one, Georgetown, Ontario to Juangriego, Venezuela :eek:
I'll be creating a web site for the Venezuela trip and will Blog the preparations and trip, so I will post a link as soon as it gets organised.

Derek

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Hey, welcome to the site CCCI, glad to have you with us. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you on the long trips, good luck and have fun. Any help I can offer to you, feel free to ask, most of the people on the site will be more than happy to help with whatever they can. Make sure you get lots of pics to put up. If you drop down into BC on the trip to the Yukon, we have several members here, give a call and say hi, maybe some of us can meet up with you.

Gord.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
I went ocean fishing out of B.C.a long time ago, we stayed on Nootka Island, i think that is what it is called. i remember a park with a large wooden elk in front, i think it was called Strathcona park. any of this sound familiar?:D

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yup, Nootka bay, pretty cool area. When are you going back hahaha. We have some awesome country up here for the outdoorsman. Just about anything you can imagine. I have a few pics in my garage of the country up here you might enjoy.

Gord.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
yes it is beautiful, i miss being up there. fishing is great too. we caught so many fish, we filled 2 6'x3'x3' chest freezers after we ate fish everynight. i would love to go back, if i ever do ill be sure to look you up!!! maybe have a few beers and talk diesels!!!!

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
another canuck to add to the list guys I didnt see this thread when I joined

Ontario Canada 35 min from the detroit/windsor border

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
You bet Rob, love to meet you, any time your up here give a call.

Hey there CJ, glad you checked in to the cold side hahaha, sounds funny at this time of the year, but I hit a white out at the top of Rodgers Pass day before yesterday, and it was snowing all the way to Canmore, trucks in the ditch's, up on meridians, sliding of into the bush, It was an interesting trip to say the least hahaha.

Gord.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts