Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the track tonight for test and tune, Had this been my first time I might be ok with this. I ran a 14.840 @ 88.73mph running the latest tune I have from tonywildman(got it 2 days ago). And a 14.798 @ 89.70mph running my IDP x race written for a stock turbo. What I don't get is last august I ran a 14.660 @ 91.02mph, with my stock turbo and no ficm tunes. Maybe I'm running out of fuel with the MTW stage 2 :dunno: Fuel pressure was at 59-60 psi. Ran the Hercules ficm tune. Like I said I don't get it. Maybe there is some under lying issue. Any thoughts?

http://youtu.be/qttXOszOz5g

At least I got the cummins, I saw his twins, he claims fuel issues because of his stacking stacks and stacks. Sorry about the quality of the video

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
what were your 60 fts from both runs? When i got my new turbo, my times were the same as when i had just tuning, but with the injectors and turbo and all my 60 ft went up .5 seconds from a slight traction problem. lol

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last years 60' was 1.985 Today was 2.105

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
last yrs slip right side
I hate to say this but your 60 foot times are horrible, you need to find a way to get traction. Also I would back off the FICM tune and stick with the Atlas 40. Sometimes too much fuel when not atomized you will lose power.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll try the Atlas 40. Traction bars, or what Im running 325's on a 10" rim, tires are wide as hell.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What woulda good 60' time be?

·
Registered
371 Posts
the best ive been able to cut is 1.8 on A/ts. (our track is kinda slick too) And air your tires down also. Also weather conditions can play a factor.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
I agree, your 60' is not so hot. I would think 1.8s would be pretty easy to get even without traction bars. It is hard to tell, but from the video, I don't think traction was the issue. How much boost are you building before you launch?

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
15 psi same as last year

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Take the ficm tune off and use that to compare with your times from a stock turbo.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Your mph shows your down on power than from last August.

Sent from the moon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts