Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first post and I figured I’d post this bc I have no clue what’s wrong. I recently blew the turbo on my ‘96 7.3. It’s a stock Garrett. I bought a rebuild kit from KC Turbos and I installed it. When I turned the truck on, it was idling rough, but not too rough with white smoke coming out of the tailpipe. I’ve had people say it’s injector o rings, piston rings, possibly glow plugs, or the turbo itself. The turbo seems to not have have issues. It spins correctly. No bad noises. Doesn’t seem to have any leaks. If anybody has had this problem and can help, I’d definitely appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
What others mods do you have?

May need to run it hard to force air out of the lines when you removed the fuel bowl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how did you blow a turbo but also able to rebuild it? What happened and when. I.E. driving and then what?
The shaft had tons of play and wouldn’t spin, if that’s classified as blowing it. As for other mods, just 1.5 injectors and transmission with upgraded flywheel, torque converter, triple disc. And as for running hard, could you explain? Like just stomp it or keep rpms up? Thank you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts