Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after the code i threw the other day and researching the code i decided i would just buy a new map sensor and ebp sensor. I replaced those two and also the IAT2 sensor while i was at it (enclosed are the pics). I flushed the brake fluid and power steering fluid. I also replaced the coolant filter. I will be cutting it open soon to see how dirty it was. I also changed the filter on the airdog and went with a P551315 donaldson filter. From my research it is way better than the airdog filter and fits without any modification to the pump bracket. It is a 3 micron absolute filter and filter 3 microns at about 98.5% efficiency.

I do have a question tho. While i was doing this the lever that holds the hood open broke on the drivers side bottom. Any idea how hard this is to replace and what its called? A part number would be nice if anyone has it. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Well after the code i threw the other day and researching the code i decided i would just buy a new map sensor and ebp sensor. I replaced those two and also the IAT2 sensor while i was at it (enclosed are the pics). I flushed the brake fluid and power steering fluid. I also replaced the coolant filter. I will be cutting it open soon to see how dirty it was. I also changed the filter on the airdog and went with a P551315 donaldson filter. From my research it is way better than the airdog filter and fits without any modification to the pump bracket. It is a 3 micron absolute filter and filter 3 microns at about 98.5% efficiency.

I do have a question tho. While i was doing this the lever that holds the hood open broke on the drivers side bottom. Any idea how hard this is to replace and what its called? A part number would be nice if anyone has it. Thanks.
When you replaced the ebp sensor did you replace the tube that it connects to as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts

No partnumber ,it's called a hood strut .Easy to takeoff, use small flat screwdriver to remove the clip and it will come off do the same for the other side and the new one just pops on . Don't forget to use a broomhandle to hold the hood up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Try this: http://www.fordparts.com/ It's called a hood lift support on that site. It's $36.25.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you replaced the ebp sensor did you replace the tube that it connects to as well?
no just the sensor. A couple months ago i had taken off that tube and cleaned it.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No partnumber ,it's called a hood strut .Easy to takeoff, use small flat screwdriver to remove the clip and it will come off do the same for the other side and the new one just pops on . Don't forget to use a broomhandle to hold the hood up.
Try this: Official Ford Parts Site | Buy Motorcraft & OEM Ford Parts Online | FordParts.com It's called a hood lift support on that site. It's $36.25.
Thanks guys! Now i hope this isnt a dumb question but do they consider the driver side the right side or left side?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Do you have a part # for all the sensors you did?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Drivers side is left.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
What do you mean, the hood strut broke at the bottom? And yes they are cheap and easy to replace, also almost any auto parts store will have an aftermarket replacement, most likely cheaper than oem.

I can't believe you have never had a car with a hood strut?????

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What do you mean, the hood strut broke at the bottom? And yes they are cheap and easy to replace, also almost any auto parts store will have an aftermarket replacement, most likely cheaper than oem.

I can't believe you have never had a car with a hood strut?????

Sent with my mind using ESP.
It hooks on the bottom and the clip broke. I dont know how else to explain it. I can take a pic if you would like? I will check at a part store. I didnt even think of that. Thanks

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
695 Posts

If it is not too much trouble....I would love to see a picture of your coolant filter after you cut it open. I'm planning on doing this mod very soon, and I would like to see the benefit(s) if possible. Also, how was the install? Where does the filter get mounted, is it easy to get to?

Thanks!
Turbo kidd

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it is not too much trouble....I would love to see a picture of your coolant filter after you cut it open. I'm planning on doing this mod very soon, and I would like to see the benefit(s) if possible. Also, how was the install? Where does the filter get mounted, is it easy to get to?

Thanks!
Turbo kidd
I will for sure post pics once i cut it open. Just for reference here is a picture when i first put the coolant filter on. The install isnt too bad. I mounted it on the passenger side frame rail. I installed it at the same time i did my coolant flush and refill with peak final charge.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
new sensors cleared your codes?
I had cleared the code with the minimaxx and the engine light never went back on. WHen i researched the code most the time it was related to the map sensor or ebp sensor so i just replaced them.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
good work hd. lemme ask you this since you recently changed airdog filters... where does the water collect and how do you drain it if its possible?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
good work hd. lemme ask you this since you recently changed airdog filters... where does the water collect and how do you drain it if its possible?
Thanks bud! I recently ordered the baldwin BF1275 water seperator and i will hopefully be replacing it this weekend. There is a drain on the bottom of the water seperator you just unscrew the drain and then screw it back in when your done draining it. Hope that answered your question.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
oh i see. appreciate it hd. i assume you drain once a month? do you have to prime the pump before starting?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh i see. appreciate it hd. i assume you drain once a month? do you have to prime the pump before starting?
Yea i drain once a month or sooner. Yea i just let it cycle once and its primed. It makes filter changes super easy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts