Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Congrats! Mine should be up and running tomorrow:woot:. I am far from an expert but ask away somebody around here will chime in. Have you secured a good source of oil yet? Have you decided on a filtering setup? Where are you located?

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
how much did this system cost you guys? And where can I get info on this system?

·
COLLEGE KID
3,226 Posts
im just gonna pay off my truck as quick as possible to offset fuel cost. no payment and lower insurance is my goal for now

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
im just gonna pay off my truck as quick as possible to offset fuel cost. no payment and lower insurance is my goal for now
That's what I'm doing Looie! Every time I start wanting a new rig, I remember I don't have a payment:thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in the DFW area. I have about 60 gallons of oil per week and should keep me running. How long does it take DFA to ship the V3? I ordered it this afternoon.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats, I've had mine up and running the past week and I still have this big fat grin on my face. You are going to be happy. My wife thinks I'm crazy because everytime I ride by the gas station I point at it and start laughing out loud in a somewhat taunting tone. :hehe: :thumb:

Good that you have secured a supply of oil. Securing oil is the big problem for most and it will only continue to get harder and harder. Some areas are easier than others to find a source but with diesel hitting $5 I suspect we're all in for some change as to how these establishments handle their used oil.

Not sure what kind of time frame they are working under at the present. They are going through some growing pains. I ordered mine on April 4rd and it arrived 5 weeks later. Best bet is to send them an email or call and ask what their production time currently is.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good that you have secured a supply of oil. Securing oil is the big problem for most and it will only continue to get harder and harder. Some areas are easier than others to find a source but with diesel hitting $5 I suspect we're all in for some change as to how these establishments handle their used oil.
QUOTE]

What part of TX are you from?

·
Registered
7 Posts
um i dont know alot about out trucks since i just bought one over the wekend <04 6.0 crew cab> do u guys know the millage per gallon of oil what if u have to go really far? Can u switch back to diesel as easy as u switch to veggi oil ? Im looking into buy one myself so let us now all the info

1 - 12 of 12 Posts