Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just got a studded 2006 6.0 f250 superduty with 301k miles and for the past few days whenever I would accelerate my truck would make a noise that sounded like the ac unit but it wasnt. This morning it was making the same air noises while driving up an inclined interstate entrance and I heard a loud pop sound almost like a boom and the truck slowed down. I pulled over and it had a high pitched idle and I decided to slowly drive it to the shop. It wouldn't accelerate good and the turbo was whistling extremely loud. From what I noticed no check engine light came on but I could be wrong, my truck already had an hpo leak of some sort. Can anyone confirm my suspicion or guide me in the right direction thanks

· Premium Member
1,041 Posts
I have just got a studded 2006 6.0 f250 superduty with 301k miles and for the past few days whenever I would accelerate my truck would make a noise that sounded like the ac unit but it wasnt. This morning it was making the same air noises while driving up an inclined interstate entrance and I heard a loud pop sound almost like a boom and the truck slowed down. I pulled over and it had a high pitched idle and I decided to slowly drive it to the shop. It wouldn't accelerate good and the turbo was whistling extremely loud. From what I noticed no check engine light came on but I could be wrong, my truck already had an hpo leak of some sort. Can anyone confirm my suspicion or guide me in the right direction thanks
Sounds like a blown CAC or boot to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

· Registered
15 Posts
X 3 on the CaC it sounds like a WOOOOSSSHHHHH like your fan is in hyperdrive mode
sudden loss of power probably blew the tube off on the hot side . Easy fix
I ended up getting the kit from Rudy’s since the oem replacement is 110.00 dollars for one coupling so got 2 pipes and 4 couplings for 129.00 works Good I’m satisfied and it’s 1/2 the price of some higher end crap there just tubes they don’t give you more HP

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
X 3 on the CaC it sounds like a WOOOOSSSHHHHH like your fan is in hyperdrive mode
sudden loss of power probably blew the tube off on the hot side . Easy fix
I ended up getting the kit from Rudy’s since the oem replacement is 110.00 dollars for one coupling so got 2 pipes and 4 couplings for 129.00 works Good I’m satisfied and it’s 1/2 the price of some higher end crap there just tubes they don’t give you more HP
according to the shop I did blow off my tube. I hope that's all that was wrong.

· Registered
4,842 Posts
In my signature block, there's a link called "good reading." I spent three months using that as a reference to go back to and YouTube videos to see how diesels work. It'd be good to do the same.

IME, before I knew about diesels, the shops I went to, I went because I thought I could save a buck. I actually went to shops who didn't know how to fix trucks, which with one resulted them sending it to two different shops to get fixed, so three tows total for that one incident. I then went to a shop that knew diesels, but they did not fix it right the first time, so I brought it back a few times to get the work right. That shop did not have a customer service rep, and I went there because I thought I was saving a buck again. I finally went to decent diesel shops that have knowledgeable customer service reps, top rate mechanics, and not cheap, but they fixed it right the first time. I like to do the work myself, but I also know when to throw in the towel.

Whole point to that is its nice to take the truck to a knowledgeable diesel shop, but I need to be able to tell them what I want, otherwise I get it back not how I want.

Guys here will help you with anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.