Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start off by saying that I am NOT the fastest man alive, I am sure that if I made this claim I would surely be haunted by the ghost of some maniac that strapped a rocket to his back and lit the fuse.

Speaking of rockets, I would first like to publicly thank Powerstroker67 for several days of battling with SCT in getting my programmer delivered, installed and in the eleventh hour of the eleventh day got er dun, thus making my truck a rocket.

Last night (Thursday April 3rd) the 148 pounds of filters was removed from my truck and his (Powerstroker67) creation was installed aka. the “complete delete”. Today in LITERALLY the last five minutes of the business week (SCT closes at 5:00 est) the Extreme Race program finally loaded into my programmer and was subsequently transferred into my 08 F-350 CC short bed.

The remainder of this post comes with a disclaimer. Boys….buy several boxes of donuts cuz ur gunna need something to bribe the cops with when they pull you over…..several times. If u get into a real jam, call me I will see what I can do. …….

The truck is a rocket, a certifiable, don’t drive it on wet roads, don’t tell your girlfriend, rocket. DON’T EVEN BOTHER ASKING ABOUT GAS MILEAGE, I am not going to pretend that I have enough self control to conduct such a silly study at this point.

All kidding aside, I am ecstatic about the truck, the exhaust is wide open from the stock down pipe back, no resonator, no muffler, no nutin. (Powerstroker67’s creation and Magnaflow 5”) It’s loud, u can hear the while at idle. Gotta go want to drive :burnout

·
Registered
250 Posts
ya I did that straight thru pipes once...Hated pulling into the camp ground at night, but your right ...they do scream.

·
Registered
44 Posts
way to go evil!!! im ordering mine this week and putting 6'' stacks on. how much did it wind up being if u dont mind me asking? did you buy there pipe or make one up? need to get some pics and videos up. how does it sound? think stacks will sound good?

·
Registered
402 Posts
holy crap Dan you got me wanting to drive but I don't have powerstrokes pipe yet and my sct is in a brown box on its way to me now. I feel like a retarded kid pulling a push door !!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am computer illiterate so how hard would it be for someone like me to figure out. The Hypertech was simple to install but how does this SCT compare.

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
Very nice!!!!! by the way, you are a very descriptive writer. i was pulled in, in the first sentence!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You for the Complements

way to go evil!!! im ordering mine this week and putting 6'' stacks on. how much did it wind up being if u dont mind me asking? did you buy there pipe or make one up? need to get some pics and videos up. how does it sound? think stacks will sound good?
These trucks have a very distinct sound to them, i cant describe it better than what a cutting torch sounds like on low with constant turbo whine added in. The manner in which that sound is delivered is up to the driver taste. I think no matter what delivery system you use, stacks or rear exiting exhaust, the outcome will be similar. Only magnified in the case of stacks. :happydance:

Until we see some videos... there is no proof of your claims!!! :)
I will get going on the video evidence sir..... But for now if my written words and integrity will stand up in court, i think they will suffice here as well.

I am computer illiterate so how hard would it be for someone like me to figure out. The Hypertech was simple to install but how does this SCT compare.
I have not tried the hypertech so i cant comment.

cant wait for some vids
I will be gettin to work on that but for now i did get pretty creative in the mounting of the sct unit.

All in all i am sharing my experience with u guys in hopes that when you get your trucks done you will be as pleased and do the same.

Next step Dyno!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Good for you bud. Diesel power is a contagious disease.:thumb:

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
You guys keeo making me want a new truck, but I would literally be divorced!!!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
You guys keeo making me want a new truck, but I would literally be divorced!!!
Double score, what the heck are you waiting for!

Definitely cant wait for those vids.... also MPG ratings at some point would be extremely helfpul. It's the only thing holding me back from an 08 at this point.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds great, I can't wait to get mine in, I already have the 5 in exhaust but I need the delete and tunner to make it sound better....In time I guess.

Hey what's with the handcuffs on your parking break?

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
Looks good and congrats on your SCT!!! :thumb: Now you know what all the fuss is about.

Hey what's with the handcuffs on your parking break?
Wow, some of you guys have way too much time on your hands to analyze the pic THAT much!!! :hehe: So, yeah. What's with the handcuffs? :dunno:

·
Banned
0 Posts
I didn't analyze the picture that closely but from his original post I get the feeling he is a law enforcement officer.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts