Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I found this site through "Fordmuscle". I am a Ford Man though and through, and have been for over 40 years. I have a 2006 F250 with a 6.0. I have had two other F250's with 6.0's and have liked them. My 04 was stock, my 03 had larger BF's and my new one is stock. Other than the tires on the 03, the trucks were stock, yet the 03 seemed to have the most "get up and go". My 06 does not seem to have the same power, as far a pick up goes. My Ford dealer has downloaded and installed all the updates and he says that the truck is operating in normal limits with no codes. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this one feels slower?

·
Premium Member
8,515 Posts
First and foremost welcome to the Org! I also have a 6.0L, but I have not been "stock" for quite sometime, so I am afraid I am not the one who can help you. I am sure there will be someone along who will be able to answer you questions for you. I noticed you are from SC. Please visit the Carolina Powerstroke Association Chapter area here and let us meet you. Again welcome to the org!

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
:ORG welcome::ORG welcome::ORG welcome:

What part of SC ya from?? Come join the CPA if your interested.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
welcome to the site man. I know there was a difference in the 03 turbos on the 6.0s. Maybe thats the difference you feel. List your questions in the 6.0 forum and I am sure someone there can answer your questions. Lots of good info on this site. Careful, its addicting

·
Registered
672 Posts
well i have a regular cab long bed and my dad had a crew cab long bed and you could tell a difference in that... mine would get up and go a lot better when stock

other than that i'm not sure... not one truck is built exactly the same. some have tons of problems, some don't. some are quicker than others.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
The 03's have a different turbo and the FICM is tuned different..i think.. my brothers 03 still stays with me and all he has is a tuner intake and exhaust..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts