Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the DP tuner in the mail today! I installed it in about 20 minutes. The video that Maintain put up was a big help. All I can say is why did I wait so long!!!! I still have to install the John wood VB (I need tranny fluid, been to busy to get it:doh:) Even without the VB it shifts firm and breaks the tires loose when it hits second. I got the standard no start, stock, then 60hp tow, 80hp tow, 80 econ, 120 race(WOW) and 140 holy smokes!!!! My truck smokes real nice.

BTW I ordered the new Black bezel DP f5 guage switch. It matches my ISSPRO guages.

How many quarts do I need for the VB swap? I have read conflicting amounts.
Seems like I need 16 quarts.

Eric

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Congratulations, i'm curious, how far did that set you back? I'm considering one but just with the 80 econo tune. (don't have alot of dough right now lol)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Welcome to the club bud, it's a good one to be in :D. Now go get some vids of you blowing soot!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratulations, i'm curious, how far did that set you back? I'm considering one but just with the 80 econo tune. (don't have alot of dough right now lol)
Go to ITP's web site and click on the link for the tuner and it will give you the instant quote. just read through it and you can pick your tunes and it will calculate the price. I do regret waiting but I am glad I did all the supporting mods before hand. The only one I left out was the ATS housing or wicked wheel depending on cashflow. I will take care of the later this week. I think the guage switch really adds a clean look. I am glad they came out with the black bezle:thumb:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Congrats buddy..can't wait to see it on the 10th.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Go to ITP's web site and click on the link for the tuner and it will give you the instant quote. just read through it and you can pick your tunes and it will calculate the price. I do regret waiting but I am glad I did all the supporting mods before hand. The only one I left out was the ATS housing or wicked wheel depending on cashflow. I will take care of the later this week. I think the guage switch really adds a clean look. I am glad they came out with the black bezle:thumb:
Will it beat the piss out of my tranny which i believe is the factory one?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the stock tranny and it's doing fine. I've put about 12k on the truck and if you drive normally you'll be fine. Of course if you're hot rodding it everywhere don't expect it to last long haha.

On 120 race or 140 smoke, I chirp second :D. Oh and I don't boost launch much either just to be safe. If you're going to be racing a bunch, get a racing tranny.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I have the stock tranny and it's doing fine. I've put about 12k on the truck and if you drive normally you'll be fine. Of course if you're hot rodding it everywhere don't expect it to last long haha.

On 120 race or 140 smoke, I chirp second :D. Oh and I don't boost launch much either just to be safe. If you're going to be racing a bunch, get a racing tranny.
No i wouldn't have more than the 80 econo i need it lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the club. My install this weekend went a bit longer than yours lol

·
Registered
719 Posts
No i wouldn't have more than the 80 econo i need it lol
Haha You can always add tunes when you get the funds too.

When I switched to from my hypertech, the 100hp from the 'tech felt like the 80hp on my DP lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where are you guys mounting the switch?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I mounted mine on the left side of the wheel, right where the cover opens up on the dash.

I'm going to get that gauge mount soon so I can see and change it easier.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am just looking for some different options. The rectangular switch looks small and I'm afraid of my big fingers. How hard is it to operate? Is the guage switch any easier to operate? I don't have pillar guages so I'm trying to figure out another place to mount a guage type switch.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
My swithch is on the right side of the steering wheel...out of sight.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.