Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a used (2003 or newer) F250 or F350 Dually ( I need to pull a 4 horse trailer with LQ). I have heard that there were/are issues with the PowerStroke. One particular F350 Dually I am looking at (2004) had to have the turbo replaced which led to numerous other problems and eventually...a new engine. What can anyone tell me about this? Has Ford been able to correct these issues? How can I tell if every needed fix has been completed on a particular truck?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Do not be afaid of a 6.0. Give the truck a good looking over. And get an OASIS report from the dealer. Its a record of all warranty work done by ford

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What Dave said.
I bought a 2005 6.0 (my first personal diesel) and I love it. It is a great truck and a very strong runner. Just remember, maintainence is the key to these things. :thumb:

oh and :ORG welcome:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
They be a lot PS's for sale out there. I'd look around if I were you, just to see what else is available. Personally, I tend to worry about a truck that's had major engine work. Makes me wonder why this happened, and what else might have been damaged, or what else the previous owner was careless about.

When I was out looking, I found a deal on an 05 that had a new engine. Someone tuned it wrong, and blew the old one. Decided to pass, didn't know what else they might have messed up, and instead got my 06, which had come off of a farm and had a clean OASIS. Two years and 30k miles later, it's going strong, has had no problems.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
6.0s are not bad. Some just had hickups.

Welcome to the ORG!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Mine's for sale. Not the 6.0 you're looking for though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts