Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Both pipes are aluminum, boots look good after I removed them and cleaned. Map sensor hose is good also. Guess it could a tiny crack(s). I’m goin to replace egr cooler and oil cooler. Any recommendations on the codes it’s pulling ?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,531 Posts
Alright well here goes, got truck up and running. Warmed up took for a 60 miles round trip. Scan guage 2 shows eot and ect about 27-32 degress apart. Take it that’s an egr cooler to replace. Also, turbo doesn’t seem to be boosting as it should 17 psi at wot. Showing codes p0264, p0673 and p0677. Help!
You pulled codes - look at what they are saying. You have 3 electrical codes. Maybe still have a wiring issue in a few places ....

I asked for specific engine data and still have not posted it. How do you know any of your temperature data is even accurate?

The way you are approaching this you are likely to spend unnecessary big money .........

Oh, if the temperatures do happen to be accurate it is the oil cooler that is plugged, not the EGR cooler.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Bismic, I will program those monitors into my scan gauge today and post data this afternoon and maybe you can help from there

·
5,531 Posts
You are already monitoring ECT and EOT. My point is to check them with a completely cold engine to see if one of the sensors is way off ....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Alright:

KOEO

MAP : 14.0
BAR : 28.3
ECT : 75*
EOT : 69.4*
TFT : show no data
IAT1 : 96*
IAT2: 72*

Engine on cold readings :

MAP : 13.9
ICP pressure : 844
ICP volts : 1.09 - 1.21
IPR : 25%
VGT: 83%

·
5,531 Posts
If your KOEO numbers were truly after 12 hours of no engine operation, you have a few discrepancies apparently.

EOT looks low and IAT1 looks high, but that would just be a guess because only you know what ambient temps were at the time.

If Baro is in inches of mercury, then MAP and Baro look good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yes, engine had been off all night and it was about 62 out when I took readings. What do you suggest?

·
5,531 Posts
Being off all night doesn't necessarily mean 12 hours. It takes a long time for temperatures to equalize.

My temps are sitting now at 82 to 84 (IAT2, ECT, EOT, TFT). IAT1 is higher because the sun came out a few hours ago and the ambient temp is heating up quickly (now at 92 degrees). IAT1 is 90 degrees, lagging ambient temps a little as it should.

You need accurate data for proper engine operation. You may indeed have a badly plugged oil cooler, I am just saying you need accurate information.

Personally none of the numbers look good to me (except maybe oil temp) if you measured them first thing in the morning with a 62 degree ambient temperature. IAT1 is WAY off for that ambient temp. I guess I would maybe leave the engine off for a longer time to see if those readings came in line, but hard to say on this end of the internet.

·
5,531 Posts
Also, as indicated earlier - you still may have wiring issues. I would look the main engine harness over very carefully.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts