Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at getting a programmer and I FOUND ONE at truckaddons.com for $288 free shipping good price? or should I keep shopping. Thanks for:icon_ford: the help.

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
The hypertech is ok, there are a lot better ones available but of course they'll be more money... I agree with raul sort of... get gauges and a shift on the fly setup, you'll be happier down the road... on a different note raul, did you get the email?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I have tried 4 different programmers and 3 different chips, Hypertech was by far the weakest. You can get a 6 position flip chip for around $300. I’d definitely go that route. As said above you will have to have gauges ($300) no matter which way you go. Check this out Stealth Automotive. Tony Wildman Chip/ Gauge Combo

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have tried 4 different programmers and 3 different chips, Hypertech was by far the weakest. You can get a 6 position flip chip for around $300. I’d definitely go that route. As said above you will have to have gauges ($300) no matter which way you go. Check this out Stealth Automotive. Tony Wildman Chip/ Gauge Combo
Do the tony wildman chips help fuel mileage? thats what im really looking for, if it does im all for the combo package....except i dont need the transmission temp guage...i have a manual. do you know if they will substitute out different guages?

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
Do the tony wildman chips help fuel mileage? thats what im really looking for, if it does im all for the combo package....except i dont need the transmission temp guage...i have a manual. do you know if they will substitute out different guages?
we have seen anywhere from 1-3mpg increase.. it all depends on your right foot :)

we can do a 2 gauge setup instead of the 3 gauge and it will be a lil cheaper.... PM me if your interested and i can set it up for ya

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
If you want mileage then drive like you got an egg under your right foot. The extreme power you’ll get from a chip will be very hard to not use. I have no self control, maybe you will have better luck. IF all I wanted was mileage then I’d straight pipe the exhaust ($75) do the DIY intake ($40) and change all the fluids and filters, etc maintenance. Of course you’ll need to do all that stuff plus gauges before a chip or programmer anyway. (Or buy a Honda.)

A chip would only give better mileage if you have enough discipline not to use the power too often but I’d bet the custom chip set on the economy setting would do lots better than an off the shelf programmer. What do I know, I’m getting 14mpg currently.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts