Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running an Edge Evo. The performance gains were very good but the fuel economy wasn't much better than stock.

A couple months ago I decided to go with the Hypertech Max-Energy Econ. The fuel economy is about 3-4 mpg. gain on the highway and about 2-3 mpg in town. This is calculated manually over the course of 3,000 mi.

The performance gains are better than I thought they might be. I don't have the performance that the Edge gave me, but it's not far from it. The unusual thing about this programmer is that no matter how hard I step on the accelerator, my truck will not blow out the customary cloud of black smoke.

This programmer only has 3 settings (stock, A, B). I discovered that the program "A" is either a towing program or an economy program. The program "B" is obviously the high performance program. I've run on both programs and found no significant difference in fuel economy between the two programs. The obvious difference is in the performance (and it is a big difference).

Since the Hypertech is a "plug-and-play", it has no on-dash dispay and therefore does not have the gauges that I had become so accustomed to with the Edge. I had a 3 gauge pillar mount installed (bst. pressure, trans. temp., EGT) and it appears that I am running lower EGT's than with the Edge.

Overall I have to say that this Hypertech is more than I hoped it would be. The gains in fuel economy are what I expected and I have been pleasantly supprised with the performance gains.:thumb:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.