Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard any reviews or does anyone use it? Im really looking for more on the fuel mileage side, with decent performance? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
off the shelf tunes are garbage. Go with custom runes. I recommend DP Tuner. His econo tune is far better than anything at hypercrap or any tuner of the sorts
Dp Tuner

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
I have ran the hypertech and its good, custom tunes are the best but they are $$$$, right now I am running the superchips cortex programmer... I like it and it has a 2yr powertrain warranty so if it breaks something, they pay to fix it.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
off the shelf tunes are garbage. Go with custom runes. I recommend DP Tuner. His econo tune is far better than anything at hypercrap or any tuner of the sorts
Dp Tuner
I have a friend that had a DP on his excursion and it hard shifted the tranny so much that he had to do a 4 grand rebuild and he has used hypertech since and said he would'nt go back. So I'm really afraid of that.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
There not that much more unless you need custom tunes for injectors, big oil, stuff like that. For a regular truck with regular mods it is quite reasonable.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have a friend that had a DP on his excursion and it hard shifted the tranny so much that he had to do a 4 grand rebuild and he has used hypertech since and said he would'nt go back. So I'm really afraid of that.

If it didnt shift right its almost his own fault, send it back and Jody takes care of it free of charge. Im assuming his tranny was weak from the get go. His tranny tuning is far superior to any off the shelf tuner ive encountered. Thats whats nice about it. I guess maybe custom is not for everyone, to each his own. If your gonna be happy with of the shelf tunes then I wouldnt even bother with a custom tuner then. Good luck in your search, let us know what ya end up with:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts