Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are gonna come in and say, forget that, go with an SCT. I know, SCT is GREAT for the 6.0. I simply want your take on this product.

Seems like a good product, I'd be interested to try it. What do you guys think of this module?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
It's a plug-in module, which puts it on the list with all the rest of the plug in modules, which = JUNK for a 6.0. I know some people that have run it and they say WHEN, not if, but WHEN they had problems Hypermax was no help.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
It is a module and will provide good power but you can not adjust the trans this making it
Perform like crap. I had one and would not run one again. Slot better options available

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
What if you have the 6 speed manual?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
get a sct.................. more reliable power

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If you want s module then make a resistor chip like the 10k mod..... A lot cheaper. Even with a manual I'd go sct though....

·
Registered
70 Posts
My buddy had a Hypertech, his truck didnt last long. Which caused him to turn against fords and get a duramax.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Custom tuned SCTs are the only way to go. You should see the spray pattern on pistons from off the shelf tuners, I guess that it can cause some substantially higher cylinder pressures, which is bad on a 6.0 with the already weak head design. I guess a spray pattern from Erics tuning is ALL in the bowl, where it should be, not all over the top of the piston like I've seen on other sites from other programmers.

I dont understand why anyone is even interested in a tuner that does NOTHING for the transmission... they're not cheap to replace!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
There used to be a guy here local to me that ran the Hypermax module in conjunction with trans tuning via SCT. He seemed to love it to death and it moved out pretty well.

IMO it isn't a wise choice to run a module by itself simply because of the trans tuning that isn't there and the fact that all it does it dump un-godly amounts of fuel into your motor, spraying it outside the bowl and everything else.

There was a test done a while back, want to say atleast two years ago of the cylinder pressure between Banks, Edge, BullyDog, Hypermax and Custom tuned SCT tuners and non of them came close to the SCT for "safe" power.

That's just my .02 OP, use it how you see fit!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If you want s module then make a resistor chip like the 10k mod..... A lot cheaper. Even with a manual I'd go sct though....
There is no need for a "10K" style mod when running a custom tuned SCT. :thumb:

·
I, 1, 2, 1/2, 6
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i really want an SCT, guess it's settled

1 - 12 of 12 Posts