Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after alot of looking and asking- i have found that a HHO or hydrogen booster may not save the day for powerstrokes.
A guy that has made these for quite a while now says that the injection process on a powerstroke differs from others and does not work well with the HHO system. To bad- anybody out there have some good data?
I have an old 6.5 turbo diesel in my work truck and will give that a try first.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have built a 16 plate cell based off of the "Smack Booster" design. We are putting it on my wife's tahoe first. Actually putting 3 on as a series cell unit. 3 cells at 4 amps each.
Results pending I will put it on the King Ranch next. In the mean time I am working on Bob Boyce's design(101 plate cell). His claims are 600% - 1000% increase. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I'd like to see some data as well. I have been thinking about this as well so it would be nice to know if it works and there is a reasonable benefit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
A friend of mine put this system on his 6.0L and since has increased his mileage from 15.25mpg around town to 23.95mpg and when heavy towing, from 9mpg to 14mpg.

·
Registered
220 Posts
which system?

What system is he running? Any chance of him sharing design info... theres an awful lot of bs out there I would be interested to hear from his real world testing.:thumb:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Here's a couple of links about the hydroxy boosters. As many of you probably know, they don't actually make straight hydrogen gas but HHO gas (hydroxy >>> 2 hydrogens with 1 oxygen).

http://www.smacksboosters.110mb.com/

New Release of OU Electrolyzer Plans

I am going to start gathering the parts for a Smackbooster today, but I am starting out with putting it on my Ranger's 230k mile V-6.

Here are a couple links to Powerstrokes with them.

This one is a '01 E350 van, there is a lot of info there, but it's a little sketchy about the details.
Report:Robert Pritchett's Mileage Results from Hydroxy Boost Addition - PESWiki

These two are You-Tube videos from a guy who built and installed one in a '02 Powerstroke pickup.

testing
YouTube - 14 cell hydrogen generator

installed
YouTube - 14 cell hydrogen generator installed

It sounds like you need a PWM (pulse width modulation) device to be able adjust the current through the Booster for best gas production, but they are available, and I don't think a lot of money. On the fuel injected gas engines with computers, sounds like you also have to be able to override the O2 sensor, or possibly get what they are calling a EFIE device (I think this means electronic fuel injection enhancer, but not postive about this). On the diesels, have not found out what, if anything, you have to do concerning the computer. (As you know, be discerning about what you read about and see on the internet.)

Now you basically know what I know about it, which ain't much.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Show what happened? Any results??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts