·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
360 Posts
That website makes no sense to me.

But what they need to do is build a diesel-electric vehicle that runs the same way as a locomotive.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,293 Posts
GD that thing is expensive!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
problem is pre-detonation, hydrogen is ignited very easily... in a motor that will be a pinging, usually only motors with forged pistons will survive hho setups.

·
Registered
22 Posts
HHO

problem is pre-detonation, hydrogen is ignited very easily... in a motor that will be a pinging, usually only motors with forged pistons will survive hho setups.
That is not entirely true, you'll need forged pistons if you're trying to run on pure hho.
Now the amount of HHO the units out there produces, is not enough to even raise 10F degress of your engine temperature. the HHO is enough to make the diesel or gas burn more efficiently. and actually i've seen vehicles running a bit cooler whe using hho, because hho convertes back to water when it burn, the the water particles actually absorb some of the engines heat.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If the HHO isn't enough to ping or raise the temps even 10* then how is it enough to create a complete burn and make more power to give you better efficiency and better mileage?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If the HHO isn't enough to ping or raise the temps even 10* then how is it enough to create a complete burn and make more power to give you better efficiency and better mileage?

:thumb: I agree!

I am running an HHO triple cell with 5 Fuel line magnets and get close to 30mpg with my 7.3PSD.

Just buy one and you will see!! :rofl:

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
BS???
Have you installed on yours to claim it is BS?
Yes i have, and got absolutely 0 gain. The size generator you are pimping here and don't try to let us believe you are not pimping this product, you would need about 50 tanks of that size to produce enough hho to make any marked improvement. Everybody has seen mysterious new posters with hho something in their user name and their 1st post is some wild claim about huge mpg gains with little tiny generators. You are a spammer and nothing else. Go bs some other board.
Dave

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hydrogen2; If you could provide a chemical and machanical explanation of WHY and HOW it works to add power while predetonation is occuring...

·
Registered
30 Posts
from what i understand, the chemical process called hydrolis. When a negative and positive current run through water (with electrolyte) The hydrogen separates from the oxygen. The electrolytes (usually baking soda) bonds the chemicals back again into a HHO gas. Since HHO is the lighter than H20, it rises out of the chamber and away from the intake of your truck. Something like that. HHO, when burned is heated and kinetic energy is added, allowing the one valence electron in its outer 1S^2 orbital to bond back with the oxygen and nothing but clean water comes out of your exhaust. Hydrogen gas w/o the oxygen atom is extremely flammable and burns a translucent clean flame. once again, something like that

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know how the hydrolsis process works I was refering to how the combustion works in a diesel. If there is hydrogen and oxygen in the chamber while the piston is going up on the compression stroke the hydrogen would ignite with very little compression well before the piston reaches close to top dead center when ignition usually occurs. This pre-ignition will ignite the fuel mixture while the piston is still traveling up on it's stroke, this can cause bearing damage, bent rods, holes in pistons and power loss... How does that equate to mpg savings?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
The problem is the amount of Hydrogen needed and the amount of available energy to produce it. You can not get out more than you put in.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hear what you are saying and completely agree, but the fuel does not inject until the piston is close to the pinnacle of its stroke doesn't it? Besides, it wasn't until 2004 on the 6.o, when Ford came out with two stage injectors that pre sprayed a small out of fuel to cylinder to get the combustion started. So any pre ignition of fuel would be impossible before 2004 right? Now the pre combustion of the HHO is another story. HHO burns at a very low temperature anyway. But, I have no doubt that what you say about engine damage is true, given the right circumstances.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The problem is the amount of Hydrogen needed and the amount of available energy to produce it. You can not get out more than you put in.
The actual energy contained in one hydrogen atom is enormous. Remember the Hydrogen Bomb pioneered by the Soviets? I'm sure that you can get more energy out than you put in, but the question is, do we have the technology to do so now?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I hear what you are saying and completely agree, but the fuel does not inject until the piston is close to the pinnacle of its stroke doesn't it? Besides, it wasn't until 2004 on the 6.o, when Ford came out with two stage injectors that pre sprayed a small out of fuel to cylinder to get the combustion started. So any pre ignition of fuel would be impossible before 2004 right? Now the pre combustion of the HHO is another story. HHO burns at a very low temperature anyway. But, I have no doubt that what you say about engine damage is true, given the right circumstances.
Ummm.... isn't that the same thing as "split shot" or "pilot injection" which is used on '99-03 7.3's???

1 - 20 of 117 Posts