Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2004 ford f250 and have had absolutely no luck with this truck. Had a weird start up so started by replacing icp, it had a code p2885, got that done and didnt help, some diesel mechanic recommended the ipr, so replaced that, did nothing. So finally took it to one more mechanic, he said it was the hpop, so I finally put the money into the hpop and fixed the start up issue. Got the truck back on Saturday, drove it two days and it started bucking really bad yesterday and kept dying. Took it back to the mechanic and he drove it, while driving the radiator blew out right above the intake and sucked in all the antifreeze and died, now wont begin to crank, has anyone heard of this?:confused:

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
There is no way this happened, unless maybe it was being run without a filter element, I still dont believe it.........

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trust me i wish it wasn't true, but the shop did call and say they got all the antifreeze out of the cylinders, but bent a correcting rod. It did have an air filter, it busted right above the intake tube

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Well, I guess what you asked, is if anyone ever heard of this. My answer is no, it is far fetched to believe it, how you described it. What can happen, is the egr cooler, head gaskets, or head cracking could fill the cylinder with antifreeze and cause hydrolocking. And in a worse case, bend a connecting rod. But that is catastrofic, it usually happens a little at a time with signs of white smoke (steam). I feel your mechanics, may be less than familiar with the 6.0. But I can believe, that your truck ingested coolant and self destructed. It just usually shows signs. Have you ever noticed any coolant loss, prior to this?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it has never leaked any antifreeze, like i said it was around 3,000 rpm and made this bad turbo noise and boom white smoke everywhere. it blew a baseball size hole in the top of the radiator right in front of where the upper hose goes in the radiator and therefore dumping all the coolant down into the intake right behind the grill. It immediately killed the truck, and would not crank. The shop took out the glow plugs and cranked all of the antifreeze out and it started, but it did however bend the connecting rod

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand its ubelieveable, the mechanic said he has never seen anything like it in his career as a diesel mechanic

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
We gotta see this, pictures please. I understand the radiator busting, at what point did the water enter the intake? Through the cac, or did an intake hose bust at the same exact time as the radiator?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Stock air box, and do you have the famed zoodad mod? This is very interesting.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. You can email hem to me and I'll post them for you if you'd like.

Good luck getting it going. DEFINATELY get an egr delete and arp head studs while your at it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Pictures!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stock air box, and ill get pictures. Its not like I'm going to make a thread to lie about something that didn't happen. What do you want pictures of??

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Pictures of the hole in the radiator please...

I just don't see how this could happen; I have soaked my entire filter with waves of water (offroading with my old 6.0) with the zoodad mod and not a drop will get past the filter. Do you have a stock intake?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
Use a host such as Photobucket, and paste the IMG link into here. I have a 7.3, but I ran across this thread and am interested in seeing pictures too, as I've never heard of anything like it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts