Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I had mine done at PSC and it works great. You will need to call them to get the current pricing. I have read some of the posts and i would rather have them rebuild the box as well as drill the holes.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I had mine done at PSC as well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've done a few '99-04 gear boxes but not the '05-newer ones so if they are different I am no help. I usually recommend PSC as I only use their rams. I don't use the PSC rod ends as the chrome coating doesn't last on the gulf coast.

I made a mount that bolts to the differential cover but after 4-5 months in would cause the bolts to back out and gear oil to leak. I now have it set up with tabs welded to the axle near the track bar mount and have had no issues.

I buy all the hardware from AN Adapters & AN Hose Ends and Hose | AN Plumbing. I use XRP stainless steel hose and -6 JIC aluminum 90 degree fittings and the Earls hose separators. You can get plastic hose separators from McMaster Carr or just use zip ties.

·
Registered
772 Posts
anyone use the pcs pump?

·
Registered
472 Posts
anyone use the pcs pump?
On my 84 Chevy I actually had the complete ******* Ram setup. This was back in 03 to 05. The setup worked great at first, but the ram ended up leaking and the factory pump was not up to the task.

West Texas Offroad updated the ram so I purchased that. I now have a PSC high output pump with the reservoir & cooler. Haven't put it in yet :doh:

If I could ever quit upgrading my Superduty I will finish this project :D

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Had ORU do mine, small charge but truck down couple weeks with shipping. Wouldn't want to DIY. They also XRay to make sure your shaft has no hairline cracks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was going to put dual stabilizers on but have decided on running hydro assist anyone have any exact measurments on where to drill and tap the gearbox? i found this but not sure if its the same as a 2006? Ram Assist Steering 99 Ford Super Duty - Pirate4x4.Com thanks for any and all help.

I another great reason to have PSC do the rebuild as well. The 05 on up boxes seem to sheer off the shafts You will not be putting that much strain on the box after you install the ram as the Ram and the Drag link do all the work. You can also get the mounting kit that makes it look very trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.