Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 F250 lariat king ranch

The auto temp setting is acting very odd and I am not sure if it could be the blend door or something more serious, here are some of my observations:

1) Temp set on 72, air comes out cool fan speed adjusts according to cabin temps
2) Set temp to low, fan speed slows to a trickel
3) Turn on max a/c, fan speed max, fan blows hard and air is cool but not as cold as I would expect.
4) Temp set on 72, turn vehicle off, turn vehicle on, temp is now on low or 63 etc - some random temp

·
Registered
8 Posts
From my research this is a common problem with the 2015 and 2016 F250’s with the Auto Climate control. I have a 2015 Lariar and had the exact same issue. There’s a glitch in the system that develops when the truck is remote-started. Once you turn on the truck the auto setting will not properly control the fan speed.

From what I’ve researched there is no fix for this, my solution is to immediately turn the ac on and off once I turn on the key. This will get rid of the glitch and allow for proper fan control. You can also flick the “Max AC” button on and off once the truck is started.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is the exact problem mine has. Thanks for the tips on powering off, i was cycling the ignition before, powering off and on ac seems to make fan work fine.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
My truck does the same thing also after I remote start, I just power the HVAC off then immediately back on and the problem goes away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts