Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks - well, it's that time. Unfortunately, it's also that time to not have a job, and with not a heckuva lot of money coming in, I'm trying to get some feedback on the whole OEM 9$$$$) versys import hub quality situation.

I've seen reports where folks have replaced with OEM, and they've lasted 6500 miles, so that doesn't make me too happy. Likewise, some folks say import is crap...so any of you folks have any good/bad experiences with import hubs? Any particular manufacturer, if there are good ones out there? Or just stay the hell away from them, and sell some stuff to buy the OEM hubs?

Sigh.

Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'd recommend OEM, they have a warranty on them. I never go with "import" unless it has been proven time and time again that it is a upgraded model that actually works.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd recommend OEM, they have a warranty on them. I never go with "import" unless it has been proven time and time again that it is a upgraded model that actually works.
That's what I was thinking too, just buy once cry once...but the number of folks that are using the cheaper imports...I really wonder how well they work. Because that price difference is huge...yeah, there's probably a reason for it, I know.

What about the Timkens? Are they still any good, or has that quality dropped too?

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
I bought Chinese hubs from eBay that claimed they had Timken bearings and came with a Lifetime warranty. The ABS in it went bad after a couple of years and they sent me an entire new hub with the sensor in it (I just swapped sensors and sent it back)

For the ridiculous price difference, I can't imagine why you'd go to Ford....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Add to that I've heard that Timken's are no longer US made...

Hey NoRalPh - do you have a sellers link for those chinese hubs?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I could be wrong but I think, for what it's worth; the OEM ones are made in Mexico if memory serves me correct.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts