Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I did the high pressure oil crossover install yesterday. In the first startup after install I found I didn't have the connections tight enough and squirted oil all over the engine bay. Using a spray degreaser I cleaned up everything, wiped down, and then used a spray bottle with hot water to clean off the degreaser. So, tightened the HPX connectors on the new line and a cleaner bay I started it up and the HPX was not leaking. I gave it a few minutes to idle and backed it up to clean the mess on the ground, I walked back to the truck and noticed a dripping that turned out to be fuel. I looked under and there's what appears to be an "overflow drain tube" at the bottom of the truck dripping diesel fuel. I took it for a ten minute drive and it is still dripping.

It was not doing this before the install. Is this just the ECM relearning or something? Has anybody else seen this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are great ideas, thank you both. I cycled the valve open and closed and will see if that clears up the issue tomorrow. If not, I will checkout that o-ring kit.

Thank you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts