Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will a late 99-03 hpop fit on and work on obs 97? have stge 1's nd 6 position chip intercooler, built tranny, exhaust. now have check engine light coming on when towing heavy loads and when in throttle to long and hard. engine code is for hpop need more oil help thanks!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Yes it will fit.. but I'd only do it if $200 or less. A t500 is $500 and worth way more in terms of hp than a stock SD hpop.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is the hp difference? Is it that much for the money? I was thinking a ford hpop in case of break down you could get one fairly quick. Thanks for your input i appreciate it and will look at the t500 any good places to purchase?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
terminator engineering sells the t500 for $500 with a CRAZY awesome warranty.

On a stock truck, the gains will be very minimal... smoother idle, quicker start-up. But with bigger injectors, typically larger than stage 1's, it will be noticeable.

depends on your current hpop health... if your stocker is going bad, then even a CHIP can push your stock hpop and suffer from lack of HPO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! well as long as i stop getting check engine light, the 1211 engine code and i maintain power at top of rpm while towing will be happy.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Then that hpop will be good to know... be sure to report back in with the outcome!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
It absolutely is bud... dont forget to let us know how you like it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts