Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced the hpop on my buddies 02 7.3 i got everything put back together...when i removed the fuel canister i drain it and cleaned it got it all back in and now i cant get it to pump fuel into the canister...i was wondering if i had to prime the pump by filling the canister back up any ideas,,,i did it on my old truck but it was a couple of years ago...any suggestions...also i think the relay closest to the the cab gets real hot when the key is in the on position...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
yup you should prime the system. i think its 3 quarts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its not picking up fuel to pump into the canister where the fuel filter/water seperater is...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
sorry i messed that up. i thought we were talking about the HPOP reservoir. did you cycle the key numerous times?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea it was gargling i tried to put my finger of the whole the put some back pressure,,,its building air pressure but i cant get any fuel..thought maybe if i poured some diesel into the canister maybe it will prime up...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
it should be pushing fuel though. how long did you leave the key on?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
about 30 sec each time...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it would quit gargling...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
sounds almost like hes out of fuel. check that?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
says he is sitting on half a tank ill tap on the tank tomorro see if i can hear anything my dad 06 fuel gauge sticks on him all the time...but i do no that when i removed the fuel filter before taking everything apart it had fuel in the canister.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
when i did my HPOP i had no problems. i thought there was check valve in the pump :dunno:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well appreciate the the help...i can say this is one of the things about my old truck that i dont miss,,,

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well got her runnin fuel gauge was stickin...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
well appreciate the the help...i can say this is one of the things about my old truck that i dont miss,,,
anytime... believe me i know. kinda wish i would have bought a cummins. with the amount of money i spent dealing with getting fuel an oil sucks. . . but im in too far now cant look back :evillol:

well got her runnin fuel gauge was stickin...
so it was out of fuel? i hate when its something simple. . . been there done that too many times.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea...everytime lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts