Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, y'all!

I have a 06 F250 2wd with 220,000 on the clock. We have been having hell with this beauty. We received it not running, and owner states it ran out of fuel, and never started again. We replaced the dummie plugs, stc fitting, and all the o rings that come in kit. Also replaced IPR screen. We have been trying for 2 says now to get to fire, but the most pressure we can get is 10 psi when calling for 1050 psi. Any suggestions

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
What are you reading that pressue with, a scan tool or a monitor of some sort?
You may have a low pressure oil problem you need to check the pressure at the oil filter houseing with a mechanical gauge there is a test port bottom front of the houseing.

It will require an adapter 12mm x npt, there are special test adapters from snap-on or most parts houses exspensive tho. The same adapter can be puchased from most hydraulic supply shops. Bring them the fitting you remove to match the threads just in case. The pressure should be 45 psi min at idle.

The low pressure pump provides the oil to lube the engine plus fills the HPOP resivoir, if it can't maintain enough flow to keep the resivoir full the HPOP runs out of oil and can no longer devolpe the pressure needed to work the injectors.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a computer similar to the nexus snap on computer, we have good low pressure, just no high pressure. The IPR screen was broke of in the IPR when pulled, but we were able to fish it out

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
So what ICP reading are you getting, you need 500 psi min. If the pcm does not see 500 psi from the icp it will not allow the injectors to fire. Possible HP Oil system leak.

The 6.0 has a number of things that can cause a no start/hard start. Read the sticky on the 6.0 Problems forum it lists the problems,tests to run and soloutions.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm only getting a maximum of 10 psi when cranking long times.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
To test if it is a bad icp sensor or if you actually have a HPoil leak. Unplug the ICP sensor and try to start truck. If it starts and runs you have a bad sensor if not you have a HP oil system leak. See the sticky on the 6.0 problems forum for proceduer.

When you unplug the ICP the PCM uses a default value and allows the truck to start as long as the HP oilsystem is working correctly.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That didn't work. We already tried that. We have fixed all leaks, stc fitting, dummy plugs, ect. What else you suggest?

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
you may have to put an IPR in it. Part of the screen could still be in there

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would you try that before an HPOP?

·