Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was attempting to remove my hpop reservoir plug today (with the correct tools) and the plug was on so tight that it stripped the allen...thing. Either way, now my allen wrench just spins in the screw. I need to know...

HOW CAN I drain the hpop reservoir in another way? Or somehow get that plug out?

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand that, but I need to pull the HPOP so I can replace the gasket.

And I should go out and pick up a nice strong set of Vise-grips. If I can't get it off with them, are there any alternatives? or do I just let the oil run out and make a huge mess? haha

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright...Got some vise-grips and they worked wonderfully. Thanks for the help!!

· Registered
13 Posts
I’m glad I stopped short of ruining the plug on mine; it’s on there pretty good.

All I wanted to do was see what the oil in the HPOP reservoir looks like. I’m due for my first oil change with this truck, and I’m new to the 7.3 and diesels in general, so at this point I’d rather learn the truck than fall prey to “contempt prior to investigation.”

Anybody out there have a specific method they’ve used to get this plug out in one piece? I’m a little leery of adding heat cuz I don’t want to cook the oil inside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.