Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
On my Oasis report it says my HPOP was replaced in March of 2006, When did they start replacing the STC when doing the HPOP TSB? Ive searched but cant find a general date. My trk is a 05 with a 05 engine build date.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
I bought a new HPOP last year.
Imagine my surprise (ok, actually disgust) to find out that it came with the STC fitting attached. I had to buy the replacement fitting separate, so if they replaced the pump, you might still have that fitting..

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,081 Posts
The Bracket for the STC fitting came out in July of 2006 (TSB-06-14-6). It was replaced w/ the one-piece fitting w/ jam nut SOMETIME in 2007.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok,
I guess it will be ok to assume that I have the oil fitting. I have the new one ordered anyways. Im having my egr cooler and oil cooler replaced this weekend and since it is apart i want to be ready for a new STC if need be. When you have everything off to change the egr/oil cooler isnt access to the STC right there or is there more things to remove?

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
you need to check it for sure, I bet you still have the old style fitting.

It's a little bit more troublesome removing the heat shield off of the hpop cover. the IPR is 1 3/8" or 35-36mm will work if you have a wrench that big.

I believe the jam nut connector did come out in late 07. it's pretty safe to say no 6.0 trucks ever came with one

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,081 Posts
you need to check it for sure, I bet you still have the old style fitting.

It's a little bit more troublesome removing the heat shield off of the hpop cover. the IPR is 1 3/8" or 35-36mm will work if you have a wrench that big.

I believe the jam nut connector did come out in late 07. it's pretty safe to say no 6.0 trucks ever came with one
Do you know if ANY E-Series ever had it??

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
oh yeah, I'd be willing to bet all the 08 and up e-series had it

luckily i don't actually know anything about a 6.0 in an van haha

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks
It seems to only make sence to replace this if you have everything apart for the coolers. Now I have to talk to the guy doing my trk into doing this aswel..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts