Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im looking at the hpop cover i cant find anything on removal or installation of hpop any info would be great. just trying to find out some tips and tricks anything to make my life easier

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not sure about the F Series trucks, my experience is with the E Series vans...I do know that the turbocharger, the correlated piping, and turbo pedestal all have to come off, because the cover is right underneath...remove all the cover bolts, the three that are under the EGR Cooler can be broken loose and completely unscrewed, but not pulled out, leave them in the cover, then use a putty knife to separate the cover from the engine and pull up until it separates from the HPOP gasket, DO NOT let the bolts fall into the engine from the cover, but u can pull the cover off with the bolts still in the cover, the rest is almost self explanatory...again, this is from my experience on the vans

Sent from my PG86100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
733 Posts
I second the recommendation to be careful with the bolts. If you drop one you're in for a lot of work and time if you can't fish it out from the top. I don't know if you can experience a sicker feeling when working on this motor. It really happens a lot and often leads to removing the transmission and rear engine cover as cranking the motor with a bolt in the gears would be sure destruction.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I second the recommendation to be careful with the bolts. If you drop one you're in for a lot of work and time if you can't fish it out from the top. I don't know if you can experience a sicker feeling when working on this motor. It really happens a lot and often leads to removing the transmission and rear engine cover as cranking the motor with a bolt in the gears would be sure destruction.
Because of this I was soooo nervous when i did my HPOP STC fitting. I ended up not dropping anything, but was shaking the whole time lol! But it worked, almost. I apparently forgot to tighten the feed tube down and an o-ring. so it just died on me shortly after. All good now tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dropped one before. now I put some black sticky rtv on the three inside bolts to hold them while i fish the cover back in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts