Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I saw a post here not too awful long ago about a fellur that rebuilds hpop's, converts 'em to 17* and all that stuff... Who was that guy?

I got a 17* layin' here...but being a 94.5 truck, I reaaaally don't wanna be jerry-riggin' the front plate pluggin' holes and cuttin line's for gaskets etc to prevent bleedback

Sooooo.... I need someone to take some 17* guts and put it in the 15* housing. Let's hear some ideas!

:hunter:

·
allergic to hot weather
1,208 Posts
no ideas but ill bump it to watch

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I figured out who it was....Joey from terminator engineering...he's from powerstroke nation. I e-mailed him to figure out what the deal-e-o is

:thumb:

I'll fill ya in if I make any headway

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
This is what a 17* gear and pump look like on a 97 block...

Video of me installing it...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the late 94's and 95 though, Maintain, we're lucky enough to have to mod the front engine covers to prevent bleedback after install of a 17*.

That's why I'm wanting to talk to Joey about puttin 17* guts in my 15* housing. So I'll still have the checkball from the 15* to keep oil up high for startups :(

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[email protected] to me 2:46 AM (8 hours ago)

Hi Bo, Yes I can do that. Seems like I'm doing more of those lately. Two options:

1- Send me your pump and a 17 and I'll swap the parts for $50 labor and I keep the left over parts(for a core pump).

2- Send me your pump and I'll use one of my 17 core pumps and swap parts for $200. Please check with me first to make sure I have some 17's in stock(I usually try to hold a couple back that I know are from later model trucks, 01-03's).

Thanks for inquiring!

[email protected]
For those of you who may be watching, here's straight from the horse's mouth

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Oh I see... my experience on the OBS is limited to the 97's... and the front covers are the same between mine and the 97!

G'luck!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea the 94.5 and 95's got the shaft :( oh wells...it aint nothin' money can't fix :thumb:

·
assistant director
1,053 Posts
I have a 96 that was built in Jan of 96. how do I know if a 17* with bolt in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts