Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 95 from a guy for dirt cheap, said he could never get it started. Got it home and started messing with it, cranks with no smoke. Tach jumps and I've got wts light. Popped the 1/4 drive plug on the front case of the hpop..dry as a bone so I filled it up. Cranked over and it chugged out a mess of smoke and quit. Took the plug out again really low. I'm pretty new to the powerstroke motors..am I correct in thinking I need to replace the pump or could there be something else I'm over lookin.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Is there oil in it?
I'd change the oil first, make sure it's got the right amount, and then try doing that same thing a few times. If the HPOP keeps winding up bone dry, it's not getting oil to it from the LPOP.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
:doh: No, not throw parts at it. I'd test the oil pressure to see if it has any at all, and then maybe even take off the oil filter and see if any oil gets pumped out.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
You mean the HPOP reservoir? That's low pressure, so somewhere between 10 and 40? Not sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where do i need to hook up the tester? I thought you mean hook it up to the top of the hpop, the 1/4 drive plug on top. Thanks alot for your help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts