Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been told to do it..cuz its good for the injectors and help make ur truck last but ive been told about letting air into ur system and u hafta bleed it afterwords..? kinda confused is that true?

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Are u just getting the truck really no need to change the hpop if your good about doing your oil my hpop oil is still golden but I do my oil every 5k with rotella just to make sure lol just stay ontop of your normal intervals and the injectors will be fine. You can tell when you need an oil change the truck starts longer and its like its mad at you lol. Use diesel clean and it will keep your injectors up in good standing

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
3,006 Posts
Umm HPOP gets oil from motor, so its cycled through the oil filter and oil pan. Not sure you can change just the oil in the HPOP res, not sure what the point would be either.

X2 on the Rotella. Mine gets T6 and a Motorcraft filter every 3000. I do it myself and it usually costs me like $120 for everything.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just pull the allen bolt out of the top right of the hpop, suck out some oil and compare to your dipstick. If it's mud and your dip is clean, suck it out and replace it a couple times after running it a few minutes between drain and refills. Not hard to do and won't put air in the system because you're only removing whats in the hpop and replacing....you're not draining the galleys and all that so no worries. I did this after getting my truck and it was black tar after a rotella oil change on the bottom end. Still haven't got around to rechecking it a year and a half later but the truck runs like a top. My a$$ dyno (old and unreliable) felt it running a tad better too after that.
And yes, oil changes every 5,000km should keep it clean enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts