Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading back from camping in the Tombstones last weekend when my ICR sensor fell off one of my oil pumps(BTS Big oil). Took me a while to figure it out but I managed to find the nut and get the truck home.

Then tonight on the way home from Whitehorse Im doin 110kmh and lose power up a hill and just have enough to coast off the road.
Oil everywhere, all over the turbo and smoke aswell.
I grabbed the fire extinguisher but all was well.
After it cooled down I noticed that the plate on the rear of one of the HPOPs has blown out along with the clip that holds it in place. That seems to be where the oil was leaking from. I had to tow the truck home with my wifes Toyota.

My HPOP gauge was reading normal before this happened.

Any ideas?. I hope the engine is OK. I shudder to think what I would have done if this had happened last weekend up on the Dempster.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I removed the clip and rear plate and apart from those being a little bent all seems well. It does not look like I can reuse the rear plate again as the increased space it takes up wont allow the clip to seat.

Still waiting on Brian to make sure it was the clip that slipped out or if a bigger internal problem caused the plate and clip to be pushed out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts