Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced HPOP about 3 months ago now am having a hard start issue, did the air leak test and found a leak on the back side of pump, pump has a hole that did not have a plug in it bought pump from alliant power, called them back about this after I installed pump and they told me it was a IPR bypass, it was leaking a little when I installed pump now it is leaking a lot when the IPR is actuated is this right?

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,106 Posts
IMO that is BS.

·
Vendor
12,762 Posts
I call BS too.

Post a pic of said hole. What year of truck? I think I may know what they are trying to explain to you.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do not have a pic but if you are looking at the gear side of the HPOP the hole is at about the 12 o'clock position. it is a 2006 f350

·
5,106 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this truck has a hard start issue, high pressure oil system is leaking down and the only place I can find a leak is from this hole I don't know enough about these oil systems to be able to diagnose any further than I have by pressurizing the high pressure oil system. Could there be a problem with the IPR valve. IPR was replaced with new pump.

·
5,106 Posts
the old pump had the same hole but was not plugged
What are you saying? That you believe the hole should be there unplugged?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
have no clue Alliant also told me that they do not plug that hole and don't offer a plug for it

·
5,106 Posts
Well your original had a plug and you could have always used it ............

Best of luck on it!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also found in the powerstroke bible that the IPR has a regulator that opens at 4000 psi maybe this hole is for the regulated pressure idk

·
5,106 Posts
Again - you aren't listening, but ok ......

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
also found in the powerstroke bible that the IPR has a regulator that opens at 4000 psi maybe this hole is for the regulated pressure idk
Is the hole you are talking about labeled as 1,2,or3 in the pic that was posted?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
402 Posts

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
you can see it thru the gear so it is below the gear at 12 o'clock
This one?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts