Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stranded at the moment and not sure what to do...

On of my HPOP lines was leaking so replace all 3, did an oil change while I was at it, buttoned everything back up and engine wont start.

At first engine didnt want to start, was cranking fine but wouldnt start....gave it some gas and after a few seconds it started, a bit rough, but then idled normal. pulled it out ofo the bay and left it idleing to give it a few to check for leaks. Then it stalled, and now it cranks but wont fire back up. What could I have done to cause this. I'm kinda stranded at the moment, so any responses would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Air in the oil because the lines drained out. Crank it for a while and make sure the HPOP reservoir is full. Just crank out the air.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stand by, think i got it. kept trying to start it in 10 second intervals and letting sit for a few minutes betrween, and i have start again. gonna let it run for 15 minutes before hitting the road, but hopefully we are good. thanks for the help

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
There is an allen plug on the top of the reservoir.
Once you get it running ok, I'd take it out and get on it to get the air out.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There is an allen plug on the top of the reservoir.
Once you get it running ok, I'd take it out and get on it to get the air out.
i'm not sure that would be a good idea. Run'n the vehicle WILL eventually purge the air out, keeping the resivoir plug intact.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Where are you stranded? Any luck?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
In my head I meant get it started then take the truck out for a drive

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts