Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Still own my `97 OBS. For now.... My trouble is that my hpop is empty by morning. It just started this out of the blue. I have had the check vlv out and checked it and the seat,both are fine. It has a brand new hpop,lpop,ipr,ipc. Is there any thing else that could play a part in the oil draining off over night? Even after filling the resivoir and cranking the engine over in 8 second bursts,still no fire. Eventually it will start,but not without a fight! Any help would be great! Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
170 Posts
maybe the low pressure side cant fill it fast enough.....:dunno:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think that i have it narrowed down to internal orings in the injectors. Just my luck once more. My next question is,can i run 7.3 SD injectors in my OBS 7.3? Reason being is that i`ve got a friend with a set of 150cc SWAMPS out of a 99 SD. If anyone has any input on this please feel free to fill me in. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
yes they are probably single shots. If they are split shots you will need to tune for them and you will loose mileage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on mine and am wondering if there is a test for the injector o-rings that I can do myself without special tools other that an OTC scan tool.

BTW it is a 1997 Powerstroke A/T 113k miles and no mods.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
arghhh. me too, and i just did the injector o rings and it didnt fix it and now it drains out not everynight but everytime i start it and shut it off and then it wont start the next time.oh ya plus i first tried a new cam position centre changed the fuel pump and the high pressure oil pump and the sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
i dont think its the low pressure pump.im sure hoping its not!wouldnt the engine cease and it not run at all if it was?does the hpop reservior filling have anything to do with the fuel noright?but my friend says to put a check valve in front of the low pressure fuel pump after the tank.have no idea why he thinks that will fix it and i don't really want to cut my fuel line to try it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts