Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Christ Follower
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal is 400 HP. Will stage 1 injectors paired with a 38r and PHP tunes, along with the mods I already have, get me to 400 HP +-?

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's definitely a good start. That combo will get you close, possibly there. Since you have PMRs though, I would recommend getting a hybrid and having Bill at PHP detune them for safety.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Hell no stage 1's wont get you there. CLOSE, but not there. I second the hybrids suggestion though. Gotta be real careful with those pmr's... chose your tuner wisely.

FYI, beans runs some good safe tunes with low timing characteristics... great for keeping rods in the block.

·
Christ Follower
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont want to go over the 400 mark so I dont have to worry too much about the pmr's. Just want to get as close as possible.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Then some stage 1's and good tuning will be perfect. And ditch the k&n and superchips.

·
Christ Follower
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Already planned on PHP tunes in the next few weeks. Just cant decide on which sticks to go with. I have never had a problem with any K&N filter I have ever owned. I have put almost 1.5 million miles on my 11 company vehicles over the past 5 years, which all have K&N since the day they were purchased. On my 7.3, I've put 275K on it and it looks like a new wheel with no dusting. My dads 7.3 also has 200K on it and it looks like new, other than the oil misting from the CCV.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
I can show you pages upon pages on google of people that have dusted turbos and motors from using k&n's.

I would go with Rosewoods stage 1's... great price, great product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts