Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm recently purchased a 2000 F350 with 254K on it and I was wondering if there was any way to tell if the tranny had been rebuilt. The pan still has the OEM sticker on it and it's working fine, but from what I've been reading, it's unusual to have this many miles without it having blown out. The OASIS report doesn't show anything. Your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My dad's went 250k before the tranny went. Some of them last. I don't know of any definite way to know if it has been rebuilt aside from pulling the valve body to see if the new update mods have been done. Doesn't seem worth all of the work though, if it still works, drive it!

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
COMPLETLY TAKE IT OUT AND APART DOWN TO THE LAST NUT AND BOLT AND THEN YOU COULD TELL

J/K THERE IS NTO A REALY WAY TO TELL UNLESS PREVIUOS OWNER HAS A RECIEPT OR THERE IS A STICKER ON IT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention it's an automatic. Thanks for the info, I'll drive it till it doesn't wanna drive no more.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
they can last a long time, my orginal lasted 230, then i replaced it built as crap and blew that one in 8 months

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Dirk, isnt that kind of like running with a loaded gun and having the saftey off?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts