Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to remove the stock speakers and put ion new ones, how do i take the panel off.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Pop your window switches out, you will need to take off the plastic piece over the mirror mount holes. There are two screws, one is behind the reflector on the lower rear part of the panel and the other is under the window switch panel. Lift up on the door panel and it should pop off.

·
Registered
370 Posts
For the rears: skip it and just put a box under the seat. Guaranteed you will break some of the clips (ask me how I know and how much duct tape and glue is needed to fix said clips:banghead:)

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
Pop your window switches out, you will need to take off the plastic piece over the mirror mount holes. There are two screws, one is behind the reflector on the lower rear part of the panel and the other is under the window switch panel. Lift up on the door panel and it should pop off.
:nod::nod:

Way too easy:thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did it right after i posted this, i did break clips, but i got it off.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
That doesn't sound good, might have to replace the panel. I almost did the same thing until I found the screw behind the reflector. Hope all goes well with out vibes

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesn't sound good, might have to replace the panel. I almost did the same thing until I found the screw behind the reflector. Hope all goes well with out vibes
i only broke 2, i was fixing my door handle and planned on putting in speakers later, i did remove the one behind the reflector. i have a bunch of speakers, but they are round, i dont think they will fit in.

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
I've seen several coustom speaker setups that get rid of the lower cubby, some even get rid of the upper cubby and can look really dang good. Not sure but I think I've even 8-10" rounds in them.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
I've seen several coustom speaker setups that get rid of the lower cubby, some even get rid of the upper cubby and can look really dang good. Not sure but I think I've even 8-10" rounds in them.
The ones with 8-10" rounds are totally custom door panels and are very expensive. You cannot put that large of speaker in without one. You can put a 5.25 in round in with some trimming. But make sure the clearances are there including depth

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will try to fit some in, i also have a sub box with a 10 inch rockford fosgate amp and 2 tweeters, i want to put them under the seat, how much room is there?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I recently did this mod for my rear doors.

Door speaker project

Speakers sound great and the overall sound quality in the truck is 100% better.

Added an amp under the rear seat to power the 2 front and 2 rear speakers as well as an amp to power a 10" sub in a box behind the seat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine already has rear speakers

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
I recently did this mod for my rear doors.

Door speaker project

Speakers sound great and the overall sound quality in the truck is 100% better.

Added an amp under the rear seat to power the 2 front and 2 rear speakers as well as an amp to power a 10" sub in a box behind the seat.
he cut the door :doh:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The speakers behind the seats sound like crap compared to getting them into the door where you can distribute the sound a lot more.

Had no problems with cutting the door. The removal of metal was minimal and I have an extra set of rear door panels that will go with the truck when I finally part with it.

Have to make a custom painted fiberglass trim ring to help mold it into the door and I will be finished.

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
The speakers behind the seats sound like crap compared to getting them into the door where you can distribute the sound a lot more.

Had no problems with cutting the door. The removal of metal was minimal and I have an extra set of rear door panels that will go with the truck when I finally part with it.

Have to make a custom painted fiberglass trim ring to help mold it into the door and I will be finished.
i agree. but for me im not cuttin my doors. i rather put some subs in the back for bass

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it the actual cutting of the metal door or the panel that is an issue? Just curious. I had no issue with the metal in the door as it was a very small section that hardly changed the structural soundness of the door. I was apprehensive about cutting the door panel. I managed to score an extra set cheap and this made it easier for me to pull the roto-zip out :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts