Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e-brake has been sticking on me so i got a new spring kit and i am having a heck of a time getting the springs on. Mostly the top inner spring. if anyone has done this can you please tell me how you went about getting that upper spring on? Also how do you remove the e-brake cable at the wheel? I can't get it to come out of the holder that its in.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sent you a email to your listed yahoo email. I enclosed a copy of the intructions from the ford manual if yahoo lets it go thru. If not PM me and we will find a way.

·
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ed I really do appreciate that!

·
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i looked at it and it looks like they took the whole axle out. is that right? I have a chilton manual as well and it doesn't show that. But that would explain how i need to get the shoes back in with the spring attached. I still can't get the brake cable off the cam at the brake drum though. I can't get the cable out of that retainer that supports it.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Most of those just push in and have like barbs that spring out to hold it in. I usually use a pair of needle nose pliers to get get a couple of them compressed and started back out and then work the rest out as I go. I am getting ready to d/c my wireless network so I'll be off line awhile while I install new flooring. I'll check back later and send you a pm with my phone number in case you can't wait.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Did you get it done Dan?

·
4,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep i left it all off. I couldn't get the springs on and said forget it. Thanks again for all the help guys!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Anytime Dan, you could have brought it to me and I would have fixed it while you did my flooring for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts