Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have disconnected the 3 connectors that are attached to the PCM, yet I am unable to remove the PCM to check the serial number that is needed to order dp tuner f5 chip from Jody. I noticed the PCM moves back and forth about an inch once you remove the 7 mm bolts on the rear of the plastic housing. However, after disconnecting the 3 wiring harness in the engine compartement that are held with 10 mm bolts, nothing changed and the PCM moves the same way back and forth about an inch or so. Would it be another bolt that I am not aware is holding it? It’s simply impossible to pull it no matter how hard I tried to pull it out. Any ideas as to what’s happening?

Thanks in advance..
Isa

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
You are disconnecting the wrong thing! The PCM only has 1 connector on the back of it. Tighten those connectors back up, then look further toward the fender between the brake booster and the fender and you'll see the PCM hiding down there. 1 10mm bolt under the hood to remove the connector, then 2 little 6mm or something inside the cab for the PCM "holster" and pull it out from inside.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yeah I think you disconnected the wrong harness in the engine compartment... just move to the one further over towards the driver side... (1) 10 mm bolt in the middle and you will have it out...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Search for the Sticky, will show you everything you need. Good luck

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you guys are all correct...Don't know what I was thinking when I was unscrewing the wrong harness. After your suggestions, it took me less than 5 mins to take the PCM out....I knew I could count on powerstroke members...Really appreciated the help. Thanks again...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Glad you got it figured out. That is real easy to do especially since you can't see both sides at the same time.. LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts