Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me out with how to get this small ford badge off of the tailgate on my platinum? without taking the platinum plaque off and without drilling the badge off....

·
Registered
175 Posts
I will be doing this Monday on my '18 platinum. I'll let you know how it comes off then. I plan to have the whole silver "platinum" piece painted and have the oval deleted...I believe their is an oval indent behind it though, so you will still see that the badge was there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you get your badge removed? And I want to take mine off so I can paint the blue part platinum white to match the paint on my truck.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Finally got my tail gate piece painted. I didn't go with paint to match since I am doing a black/satin combo on this truck. So it's painted satin obviously...the oval part I had deleted, they had to fill it obviously. Turned out great! My truck is coming along well, have most of the exterior done just have to smoke the cab lights and mirror lights. Let me know what you guys think....couple pics of the truck for good measure. Cost me $300 to paint the tail gate piece including the emblem delete...and they didn't remove it from the tail gate....they just taped everything off and sprayed it that way to avoid breaking any clips behind it.

Attachments

·
Registered
255 Posts
Finally got my tail gate piece painted. I didn't go with paint to match since I am doing a black/satin combo on this truck. So it's painted satin obviously...the oval part I had deleted, they had to fill it obviously. Turned out great! My truck is coming along well, have most of the exterior done just have to smoke the cab lights and mirror lights. Let me know what you guys think....couple pics of the truck for good measure. Cost me $300 to paint the tail gate piece including the emblem delete...and they didn't remove it from the tail gate....they just taped everything off and sprayed it that way to avoid breaking any clips behind it.
Where did you get your headlights painted?

·
Registered
175 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts