Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to mount my DP-tuner F5 switch by that little vent on the right side of the steering wheel. I was trying to pop open the dash on that little crease right above the vent but couldnt get it to go. Anybody know any tricks to getting it to pop open?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I just stuck a flat head screwdriver between the two and pryed just enough to allow the wire to go thru, attached the switch, and then pryed enough to get the wire to go back thru until the switch rested back against the dash. Didn't even need the velcro and is held firmly in place.

·
Registered
91 Posts
redmule, do you have the flat or round cable?

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Laid on my back all contorted in different directions in the floor so I could see the clips under the dash. Its a pain to get to where you can see em, but not hard to pop loose once you see how they are.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
The panel that goes are the gauges with the vents in it is just clipped on. If you have to take it all the way off, you have to pull the radio out, but if you want to just fish a wire by the steering collum, just pull it will pop of, and pop right back on.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Grab and pull. Ford dashboards are stupid easy to take off. I can change out my radio in the time it takes for somebody to order McDonalds. Seriously. :doh:

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
DYNOMITE WORKS WELL TOO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts